Chapter Five

I left with the school watching. The principle handed me a gun in their view, and I just pushed it back.

"Guns are traceable. I'll go a different route." I smiled. He grinned. The school only saw his grin, and they knew I wasn't getting expelled. But, what exactly was I doing then?

"Smart boy. You want to say any goodbyes. You might not make it back." He asked. I sigh.

"I do have one thing. One thing I need to do." He nods as I drop my stuff and walk up the stairs towards my friends, towards Mark and Ryan specifically. The school watches me carefully, they all do.

"I'll be back in a week, so don't worry. I should have an answer by then." I smiled softly.

"What's with this goodbye. It sounds like you're unsure." Mark prodded.

"Aren't all goodbyes like that? You guys are some of the greatest people I know. See you in a week." I turn away and head down the steps again towards a limo that was prepared for me. My heart screamed in agony with every step I took.

6 hours later.......

It's been a bit since I saw home. You could technically visit your family over break, but most students didn't do that for risk of exposure. We talk too much about what we do.

I breathe in the harsh weather, heralding to my front door. My family was big in my eyes, I had a twin sister, and she was really intelligent, two younger brothers, who were twins, and two twin older siblings. A boy and a girl. Yeah, my mom is only able to have twins apparently. I knock on the front door and hear a shuffle of feet,

"Adam!? Guys,  Adam's home!!" It was my twin sister Ally. John and James, the two youngest came to the door, followed by Laura and Lance, my older siblings. They yanked me inside.

"Adam's home?" My mother walked in with my father in tow. We all looked almost exactly the same. It was fucking creepy.

"The schools rewarding me for being top of my year by giving me some time off." I informed.

"That's great sweetie!!! Come on, talk about school with us!" I was yanked into the living room and forced on the couch.

"Mom, can we catch up with him? You and dad should try to make room for him." Laura urges.

"We'll help!" The younger twins jumped up, leading my parents out.

"So, how's school? Falling for any girls?" Lance asked.

"Lance, it's all guys at the school. We have literally one girl, and she has a boyfriend." I snort.

"You are never getting laid." Laura sighs.

"No first kiss." Lance teased.

"Honestly you two..." Ally scowls as a flush heats my face. I touched my lips and they looked back just not time to see me blush hysterically.

"No way."

"Our little bro is gay."

"Who was it!!!?!?"

They were bombarding me and I kinda slumped.

"Well, there's a junior at my school named Mark, and we went to the movies, and he kissed me. I was so sure I liked him, but..." I sigh.

"What happened?" Ally asked, scooting closer.

"Just yesterday, Mark and I gathered our friends and we played a few games using an app. Unfortunately it was Truth or dare. I learned what French kissing was, but, I also had to kiss Ryan." I admit.

"Ryan?!" The three exclaimed. I nodded solemnly.

"I was sure nothing would happen, but it felt just like Mark's kiss, it was sweet and exciting. I just, I don't know what to do. Both like me! In that way! I feel bad if I choose Ryan because Owen likes him, but I developed feelings for both Mark and Ryan." I hug myself and drop my head.

"Now that is rough." Lance mumbles.

"I told them I'd have my answer when I got back, but I don't know who I should pick." I admit.

"Well, how do they make you feel? How do you feel about them?" Laura asks.

"With Mark, he's very annoying and arrogant, but he has a soft side, he's sweet, and cares about me, even if we haven't known each other that long. He makes my heart flutter when I'm around him, and he's overprotective. I'm still not sure though because he's had sex before, so I'm wary." I admitted.

"What about Ryan?" Ally softly asked.

"Ryan? He understands me more than anyone, and he was willing to give me up when I said I liked Mark. He makes me feel safe and warm inside. But he also gets jealous and dies like Owen too, but he likes me more. I trust him completely. He makes me smile and laugh, and I can't think of my life without him in it." I smile thinking of him.

"Well, its obvious." Lance comments.

"Mark"

"Ryan"

The girls said Ryan while Lance said Mark.

"What? Why mark? He's a playboy and e doesn't know Adam as well as Ryan!"

"If thins go wrong with Ryan, Adam isn't getting him back as a friend!"

They were bickering over something I should figure out on my own, when I say it out loud, Ryan is the better choice, but I just can't completely devote myself to him.

"Thanks for trying to help," I sigh softly, resting against the couch.

"Tell us what happens when you get back. Okay? We support you one hundred percent." They were all smiling at me, so brightly. I tested up a bit and hugged them all.

"You're the greatest family anyone could ask for." I was happy they were so supportive.

Later....

I ended up using the spare bedroom. While everyone else was still asleep, I looked for my victim. I was trying to find someone that no one would miss. Then it hit me, and I then got ready.

I snuck outside and put on gloves, getting a thick branch and sharpening it. After an hour, I had a sharp point. A very pointy stick. I pulled a vial of snake venom I had collected from a field trip our school held, out of my pocket and doused the stick in it.

Discreetly, I changed into very covering clothing as I snuck to a run down neighborhood. I was going to kill my late best friend's mom. No one would miss her, and it would take some time for them to find the body.

I snuck in and found her as she always was in the past, drunk, asleep, with a bottle in her hand. Why did they even let her out of prison? She was a sick monster. Without hesitation or remorse, I stabbed her CLEAN through the heart, and I waited until her breathing stopped. I used her fireplace to burn the wood and got some chemicals from my bag that would quickly dissolve her body. It melted away bone and flesh in a matter of 72 hours. No one could reverse it. I headed home, burnt the clothes I wore, showered and went to sleep. It was the easiest thing I could've done.

Still, guilt swam somewhere in my heart, making me regret killing anyone. Still, I drifted off, this turmoil plaguing my mind.