Chapter Seven

My eyes were puffy the next morning, swollen, and I looked like absolute shit. It was obvious. I just, didn't care.

Still, I had school, so I got up, got dressed, and headed to the cafeteria, Owen stopping me along the way. The guilt just bubbled as I stood in front of him.

"The Ryan, Mark thing. They both like you, huh?" He Owen said aloud.

My eyes widened in surprise, shocked at the guess, "h-how."

"I always had an assumption. I know Ryan likes me, but he likes you way more than he likes me, and you like the both of them."

"You're not mad? You like Ryan!"

"I'm a bit hurt, but if Ryan and I were meant to be, you wouldn't be stuck in this choice, you'd stick to mark. The only thing holding you back from being with Ryan is me!"

"Owen-"

"If you end up choosing Ryan, know that I support you all the way," Owen smiled broadly, laughing a bit, taking small notes of my features, "the others care about you, so, whatever else is eating at you, we support you. So talk to us."

"Thank you Owen. It's a shame I didn't fall for you."

"I'd go insane if that happened." The two of us laughed and we headed to the cafeteria. The heavy weight in my heart felt, lifted. I felt relieved.

We walked in and I still got stares, more so than before, but I ignored it as Owen and I bought lunch, bringing it to the table. I could tell everyone was surprised that I showed up, and I even seemed to feel better.

"God Adam, what is eating away at you?" Sean muttered.

I let out an exasperated sigh, "that week, I spent one day away from my family, to fulfill one final test for the school. A 'freebie' if you will." I informed softly, pulling st my sleeves.

"You killed her didn't you, That was the mission, to kill someone and not get caught. You chose her," Ryan spoke quickly, everyone marveling at how quick his deductions were. Then, they looked at me. They wanted to see if it was true, it was.

"I still think about it, and I feel guilty about how much I loved it, and my hands shake at the very thought of a weapon," I closed my eyes, my friends eyes' focused on me, "so I'm sorry that I've been standoffish, the school won't let me tell you directly, so I've been suffering, because what else was I supposed to do?"

Ryan moved before mark did, yanking me into a hug. The others joined in, but the entire encounter just, made me realize more, the choice I needed to make.

I liked Mark, he was a jerk at times, but he wanted the best for me and he was kind towards me.

But Ryan. Ryan has always been there for me, he gets me more than anyone else, and was willing to toss away his feelings if it meant I'd be happy.

It became obviously clear who I liked more, who I could see myself with, but I still needed a breather. I need to give it a little more thought.

"Ryan, I have a question for you. Actually, Mark too. Eh, why not, a real kicker, Adam as well. You're allowed to save two people, and only two people from this table from a burning building, who would you save?" Sean asked, raising a brow at us three.

"Owen and Ryan." I said it without hesitation. "I don't care if I was dating anyone else or not, those two idiots are my best friends, you'd bet your ass I'd save them." I snorted.

"Thanks for that," Owen chuckled.

Ryan didn't skip a beat either, "nah, I agree, Adam and Owen. We've been friends far too long."