Chapter 1 - A Long Trip

"Noah, are you done the packing, it's almost time to go." I hear my mom yell again. It's my favorite time of year, I get to go to my fathers' house again. Well, if we're being honest, I really just want to see Joseph, even if it is a long car ride, it's totally worth every second of it. Also, I really don't get to see my father outside of this time of year.

I zipped my bag and start heading downstairs, outside, and to the car. Once all of my bags were in the car, which isn't much because I have my own wardrobe at my dads; my phone starts to buzz. I look to see who it is, already having an idea.

JOEY!!!!!!- Are you almost here :( I can't wait any longer, I need you here NOWWWWWW!!!

Christmas- Calm down we just left. You just have to wait a lot longer.

JOEY!!!!!!- I can't wait, I'll just go to sleep then, you know what they say, take a nap to pass the time. wake me up when your almost here.

Christmas- First, I'm pretty sure no one says that, second *you're, and third, will do.

"Noah, get your stuff in the car now, we're already a bit behind schedule. Oh, and when you're done, don't forget to say goodbye to your little sister. You know she'll miss you."

"Okay, mom," I say as I start putting my stuff in the car. I shut the door, and turn to see her looking at me with her arms crossed around her chest like she's annoyed or waiting. "I'm going to go say goodbye now, don't worry," I think that's what's she's mad about. You forget one time, and your little sister gets angry and upset and is miserable the whole time I was gone and it's suddenly your fault.

I quickly walk back to the house to say a quick goodbye before I make the ride to my father's house.

"NOOOEEELLL, Do you have to go?" My little sister, Evelyn, cry's out. She's like seven, you would think she would start to understand that I would like to see my father also.

"We go over this every year, yes, I have to go. And before you ask, yes I want to go, also." I say looking her directly in the eyes, which is hard from my semi-squatting position.

"Okay, but come home safe," she says.

"Like I never do," I say sarcastically under my breath while standing up, hoping she couldn't hear. "Bye Tom," I say walking out the door. I hear a quite 'Goodbye' back before I shut the door to the house and practically ran to the car, ready to go to my fathers' house.

~

The ride over was pretty boring, I just listened to music and talked with my mom. However, things got a whole lot more interesting when I saw the familiar park, knowing that I was close. I quickly pulled out my phone and started to spam Joeys phone saying that I'm close. It was about 100 messages of me being annoying before I got anything back, and when I did get something back, he sounded very annoyed. Which was perfect.

About ten minutes later, we pulled around the corner to my dads street, and I'm getting more excited by the second. When I see the house, and Joey in front of it, I'm practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. Finally, the car stops outside of the house, once the car doors are unlocked, I open the door, sprint around the car, and meet Joey halfway to him running to me.

We hold on to each other for what feels like hours, so happy to see each other. One day, we'll get used to me moving back and forth between my mothers' house and my fathers' house, and it won't be such a big thing for us. You would think that the day would arrive soon since we text and call each other non-stop, but it's not that day.

Finally, we let go of each other, and I smile and wave at my father, then turn back to Joey.

"Long time, no see," He finally says, and smiles at me.