(9) bonding

It was midnight before I left Maya's. It was really dark at night and dangerous so I dialled 911 and hovered my finger above it the whole way home.

I got home to see the house as I left minus Farkle on the couch. I walked to my room gazing into Farkles, he was in his room. Shirtless probably because of how humid it is. I can't blame him though. He was hunched over his desk where his laptop was lit up with writing. An essay I presume. Speaking of essay I need to proofread mine. Also need to finish the pictures.

"Farkle," I whisper into room regretting it instantly.
"Yes Riles," he says making me blush because he used my nickname.
"We need to finish the pictures for photography," I say seeing his face drop.
"Oh uh yes, do you want to work on them tomorrow there is a tall building the friend is a security guard for so we should get in easily," he says.
"Oh cool, well I'm going to head off to bed," I say smiling.

I wake up with the sun shiny through my window and to see myself still in yesterday's clothes.

I followed my daily rountine of getting ready. Once I showered and did my makeup I decided I would wear a baby blue dress that was backless and had a skater skirt paired with white converse.

I wander to the kitchen where I see a plate of eggs and bacon sits.
"Farkle, is this yours," I say pointing at plate full of food.
"No, I'm eating mine," he says while at the dining table eating.
"Huh, didn't see you there," I say taking the food.

I eat quietly and when I finish I thanks Farkle for the food and then pack my bag.

"Sunglasses, camera, and a SnapBack. All good ready to go," I say to myself.

I walk to the door and shout, "Farkle all ready to go."
"Yeah," he says as he comes into the living room whilst putting his bag on.

We walk out to the quad and snap a lot of pictures. Finally we got a few that we liked.

"Now that we have been here for hours do you want to grab lunch," Farkle says as I put my camera away.
"Yeah, chipotle," I say.
"We don't have a chipotle on campus," Farkle pointed out.
"Well we are going off campus for your picture so why don't we get it on the way," I say.
"Yeah sounds cool to me," Farkle says just before he calls an uber.

"Mm chipotle never disappoints," I say finishing off my meal.
"You are not wrong there," Farkle says sipping on some water because he had already finished.
"How far is the building we are going to?" I ask curiously.
"Just a five minute walk from here actually," he says getting up.
"Then let's go," I say smiling.

We walk up the Main Street and stop at a large building covered in glass. The building was real tall. Suddenly I felt nervous.

We walked to the admin desk where Farkle said, "I'm looking for Lucas."

"First Floor, last door to the left," the receptionist said bluntly.

I followed Farkle to the elevator and when we got inside the elevator I said, "Its a tall building."
"Yeah that the point. Not wussing out are you," Farkle said.
"Nope," I say as confidently as an unconfident could.
"Mm k tuts," Farkle says laughing at what I had said.

Once we reached the first floor we went to the room we were told.
"Lucas, my man," Farkle said opening the door revealing a luxurious office.
"Farkle, how ar-," Lucas began but stops once he saw me.
"Hi," I say shyly realising he was referring to my ex-boyfriend Lucas.
"Hey, how are you," Lucas say.
"How do you know each other," Farkle says glancing at us.
Lucas goes to talk but I say, "He was my high school boyfriend but he dropped out got into drugs and left me broken hearted."
"Yeah something like that," Lucas says with his cheeks flushing bright red.
"Okay. Well can we borrow your roof," Farkle asks trying to break the awkward climate.
"Uhh yeah," Lucas says throwing Farkle his keys.
"Thanks," Farkle says as he begins to leave.
"Hey Riley can we talk after coffee some time," Lucas asked.
"No," I say bluntly.

We leave his office and head for the elevator. In the safety of the elevator Farkle begins talking, "Ex huh,."
"Yeah," I say.
"What happened," Farkle asked seeming genuine.
"We fell in love in 8th grade," Riley said making quotation marks with her fingers, "It was smooth sailing until about late 9th grade where he started getting in alcohol and drugs. People told me but I was blinded by love. 10th grade rolled around and he dropped out started sleeping around and got caught by me. I was heartbroken."
"I knew him in 10th grade," Farkle said.
"Really," I say curiously.
"Yeah, we hung out a couple times but he didn't drink or anything in front of me but you could tell. I was just desperate for friends," Farkle says.
'Ding' the elevator goes signally that we have reached the roof.