Fearful Insomnia

Tiffany's P.O.V.

     I could hear Dave was on the phone with Katherine. She was looking for us back at the house. I wanted to scream from that room, but I knew I would regret that. Dave was a pretty good actor. He actually sounded pretty believable while he was chatting with Katherine. Dave came back into the room. "She's looking for you." If he had to say something next, it couldn't be good. "Tiffany, you know what I'm about to do." He said leaving.

     "What's he doing?" Michael asked me.

     "They're putting an invisibility cloak over this place." I said scared.

     "They have one of those?" He asked surprised.

     "Yeah. They have a lot of money."

     "Don't worry. We'll still make it out of here."

Michael's P.O.V.

     When nighttime came, Tiffany told me she didn't want to sleep. She was afraid of Dave coming back while she was sleeping. "If anything happens, I'll be right here by your side. Please, baby, get some sleep." I told her.

     She was holding her knees. "I can't." I couldn't watch her go through this.

     I came over to her and put my arm around her. "Tiffany, how can I get you to go to sleep?"

     "You can't. I'm too scared."

     "Fine, if you won't go to sleep, then I won't either."

     "Don't let me keep you up. Please. I'll be fine really."

     "I'm willing to stay up with you. You're my girl."

     "I know what you're doing." It seemed like she'd caught on. I was sure by then she would never get to sleep. "I guess I should get some rest. Can I sleep in your arms tonight?" She asked.

     "Of course." She cuddled up to me as close as possible. I put my arms around her too. Dave really had her scared. I missed the days when Tiffany wasn't afraid, the days when she would smile nonstop, when she was happy. I was planning something. It would be really good, and I was sure we would make it out of there alive.

★I really hope you guys are liking this so far. Tell me your thoughts on the story. Thanks to those of you who are reading, voting, or commenting. It means a lot.★