.i

NOVEMBER 16th, 2006
18 YEARS LATER

MY EYES DROOP AS I try to stay awake, but I was due for another coffee

MY EYES DROOP AS I try to stay awake, but I was due for another coffee. I sigh as I get up, rubbing my eyes and making my way towards the hospital cafeteria.

Sliding my hand down the side of my face, I smack my lips as I look at all the options, nothing really sounding all that appealing until my eyes land on the Snack Packs. Shrugging I order a coffee and a chocolate Snack Pack.

"Miss Sullivan?" My eyes flash up to the nurse that has been taking care of my sister. My mind immediately forgets about the food I just ordered as my full attention goes to her.

My puffy eyes look at the woman expectedly. "Yeah? Is my sister okay?"

The nurse gulps and leads me towards her room. "I'm very sorry to say this Miss Sullivan, but Cassie isn't getting any better. There's no signs of her brain activity waking up anytime soon. I'm sorry to say this Willow but, we're going to have to pull the plug."

My eyes start watering as I listen to her words. I dazedly look over at Cassie through the window, with tears streaming down my face. "No," I whisper. "no no no." Shaking my head I gulp and turn my eyes towards the nurse. "You can't-you can't do this. She's gonna wake up, she is she just-she needs more time." I choke out a sob.

The nurse opens her mouth to respond but I shake my head. "Miss--"

"No, no no! She's gonna wake up. You can't just kill her!" I scream.

The nurse sighs, "Miss, I'm gonna need you to--"

"No. I'm not going to calm down when you are trying to kill my sister! She's going to wake up! You're just not trying hard enough okay? Now please you need to save her!"

Suddenly I feel two pairs of hands grab me.

I struggle in the security guards arms. I sob as I kick about, while they drag me away from my sisters room.

"No no! Please! Please just save her!" I sob out.

The security guards open the door outside, and shove me out onto the pavement.

I land on my knees, sobbing on the ground. I heard the doors close behind me. And I just sob on the ground for my sister.

My sisters dying.

I shakily pull myself together, my sobs slowing to a stop.

My nostrils flare as a grimace spreads across my face. Anger fled through my veins as I quickly pulled out my cell phone.

I angrily dialed the number I knew by heart and pulled the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, you've reached Rebecca Sullivan. I'm not here at the moment, but just leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."