.iii

APRIL 27th, 2007
A FEW MONTHS LATER

"WAIT A MINUTE," SAM NARROWS his eyes on the laptop

"WAIT A MINUTE," SAM NARROWS his eyes on the laptop. "There! Right there. There's another one."

Sam and Dean Winchester were over at the Roadhouse, looking for more special kids that the Yellow-Eyed Demon had chosen.

The two had known the Roadhouse crew for a couple months now, both sides knew that they could be trusted.

Ash furrows his eyebrows, but before he could finish reading more the laptop was ripped from his grasp.

"'Minot, North Dakota. House caught on fire June 6th, 1983. Amanda Sullivan passed away, only surviving members of the family was the father Jimmy, and his three girls. Rebecca, Cassie and Willow. Who was 6-months old that night."' Sam read off.

Dean furrows his eyebrows as he mutters. "Wait a minute. I've heard those names before."

Ellen walks over towards the table. "Whatever special kids you're looking for, you ain't gonna find them there."

Sam looks up, glancing at Ellen curiously.

"Why not? Willow fits the agenda."

Ellen looks down at her hands, before looking at the boys with sorrowful eyes. "Because Willow is dead." Her voice wavers.

The two look at each other with concern.

The three of them sit at a table, patiently waiting for the whole story.

"So...Willow was a hunter?" Sam asks.

Ellen nods her head solemnly. "One of the best. Her daddy got her into it, along with her sisters. Willow was hunting when she just hit puberty." Sam grimaces at the thought of a little girl hunting. That's no way for a kid to live.

"Willow was one of the special kids, Yellow-Eyes killed her mom. Her dad was a drunk, and beat those girls half to death." Ellen sighs before taking a swig of her beer. "Once Jimmy died, those three girls took care of each other. Hunting together."

Dean and Sam listen intently to the woman. Jo walks over toward the three, sitting down next to her mother, placing a hand on her shoulder in support.

"Rebecca, the oldest, didn't want to hunt anymore. She ran away from the life. Cass and Willow never heard from her again, she just disappeared." Ellen closes her eyes and shakes her head as she reminisces. "Then, Cassie got sick. Real sick. She was comatose for multiple years, and Willow was all alone. She came to the Roadhouse looking for work, that's when we all met."

A book was then placed in front of the two Winchesters. With curious eyes, Sam picks it up to examine it.

He opens it to the first page to be greeted with slightly messy handwriting. Sam furrows his eyebrows before looking at Ellen. "It's a journal."