One Christmas Tree

"I want a real christmas tree!" Zoё, who was eight, begged her father Percy. Percy laughed as he patted her head.

"We can just get aunt Thalia to be our tree." Percy joked. "She was a tree for a while, you know."

Percy's wife, Annabeth, punched Percy lightly in the arm. "It wasn't her fault."

"Speaking of Aunt Thalia," Percy's son, Luke, who was twelve, said as he looked up from his book, "Isn't she and our other aunts and uncles coming over for the holidays?"

Percy nodded. "They aren't really your actually aunts and uncles though. They're just some close family friends."

"I like uncle Leo the best!" Zoë exclaimed. "When will they be coming?"

"Sweetie, they live just down the road." Annabeth pointed out.

Percy himself was excited for the holidays. He had officially retired from technically being a demigod. He had two kids now, and lived in New Rome with Annabeth. All of his friends had also retired and were living in New Rome too. Zoё looked a lot like Annabeth, except she had sea green eyes. Luke looked like Percy with grey-blue eyes.

"They're supposed to be coming today, actually." Percy noted, glancing at the calendar. "Some of them anyways. Including Aunt Thalia and Uncle Leo."

"And I'll get to play with Buttercup!" Zoё said excitedly. Buttercup was Leo's daughter.

"Where should we put the tree?" Luke wondered. Annabeth stood up and walked around the living room, looking for an exact spot.

"Right here." She stated and pointed to a corner of the room. "It depends how big of a tree we get though. We should probably measure how tall our tree needs to be to fit in the room, and how wide it needs to be--"

Percy laughed and stood up and kissed Annabeth. "Always got to be using that brain, don't you?"

Annabeth chuckled, and Luke groaned at the kiss. "I know you two or married, but please try not to kiss in front of me."

"Shut up, Luke." Zoё said. "We all know you just wish you could kiss Emily!"

Luke blushed. Emily was Frank and Hazel's daughter. "Shut up."

"Both of you please stop fighting." Annabeth sighed. "And Luke, if you like Emily, just go for it! When I was your age--"

"You had a crush on dad." Luke finished and rolled his eyes. "Yes, you've told us the story a million times."

Zoё giggled. "I like the part about the underwater kiss."

"I like that part too." Percy said smiling at Annabeth. Annabeth blushed slightly. "And you'll be able to do that someday, Zoё." Zoё had the power to control water and talk to horses and sea creatures. Luke on the other hand could create mini hurricanes or earthquakes, and had his mother's smarts.

Zoё giggled. Luke rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book.
Soon enough the doorbell rang. Zoё shouted, "I got it!" and ran to the door.
As soon as the door opened, Percy smiled. Standing there was Leo and Calypso, and their child Buttercup, who was also eight years old. Like her father, Buttercup was immune to and could conjure fire.

"Buttercup!" Zoё shouted and hugged her friend.

"Zoё!" Buttercup exclaimed and hugged Zoё back.

"Hey Percy, how's it going?" Leo asked and he and Percy shared a bro hug.
"Glad you could make it." Annabeth said and smiled at Leo.

"Who else is coming?" Calypso asked.

"For today I think Jason and Piper are coming, and then Thalia and Reyna." Percy said. "Come sit down! I think we've got some eggnog in the fridge."