Chapter 17

*Christina's POV*

I awoke to the smell of bacon floating through the apartment. My eyes squinted at the light coming through my bedroom window. I groaned, remembering I forgot to close the curtains last night.

I slipped from the warmth of the bed and slid my feet into the slippers that rested on top of my bedside carpet, standing up and stretching in the process. I patted down my hair and moved towards my door, opening it, and following the scent of morning cooked breakfast.

Looking into the kitchen, I saw Harry standing by the stove in only boxers, flipping pieces of bacon over while simultaneously frying eggs in the pan next to it.

"What's the occasion?" I called out to him, my voice groggy since I just woke up.

He gave me a startled look and then resumed to looking at the frying pan.

"Sorry, you scared me. I didn't know you were up yet, breakfast will be ready in a few." he told me, never taking his eyes off the frying pans.

"You still didn't answer my question." I told him, my voice flat. I was still trying to make up my mind whether we should just bring things back to normal or whether I should still be mad at him.

Why would you be mad at him, though? My subconcious thought. If anything, he should be mad at you. You are the one who brought Justin over while Harry was unconcious, and you know how bad of a relationship Justin and Harry have. But on the other hand, how could he just tell me that he loved me and then act like it never happened. He doesn't even remember. Why am I making such a big deal of this?

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, snapping me out of my thought.

"What?" I asked, lifting my head up to look at him probably resembling a deer caught in the headlights. "Oh, yeah I'm fine."

"You zoned out for a bit. A penny for your thoughts?" he asked, moving away from the stove and reaching up into the kitchen cabinet to grab two plates for us.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing."

I turned around and took a seat by the island counter. Harry divided up the food onto two plates and placed a fork on each, bringing them over to the island counter, placing one of the plates in front of me, and his right across.

"Milk or orange juice?" he asked, heading over to the fridge.

"Milk please." I replied, stabbing at the eggs with my fork before placing it in my mouth.

"Is it okay?" he asked, walking back over and setting the glass of milk in front of me, then taking his seat across from me.

"It's really good." I complimented and he gave me a small smile. We both continued to eat, the silence heavy between us. One could basically cut the tension with a knife.

"Are we okay? After last night I mean..." Harry asked suddenly, dropping his fork and looking straight at me. My eyes widened at his question, catching me off guard as I stared back at him. Were we okay? I technicaly have no reason to be mad at him, but I still couldn't help the feeling that things have changed.

"I think so." I replied, taking a sip of my milk to distract myself from staring at him.

"You sound unsure." he said worriedly, and I sighed.

"I have no reason to be mad at you, Harry." I told him truthfully.

"I didn't think you were mad at me, why would you be mad at me? Did I do something? I was asking because everything seemed off last night and I don't know..." he said looking down at his plate. "What exactly happened last night, Christina?" he questioned, the look in his eyes pleading.

I set my fork down, picking up the empty plate and walked towards the sink, grabbing the sponge.

"You got drunk, you came home, passed out, I called for help, and we called it a night." I told him briefly, scrubbing the plate a lot harder than necessary.

"I need details, Christina." Harry demanded, the chair screeching against the floor as he got up from his seat.

"I... " I hesitated. What exactly do I tell him?

"Please..." Harry pleaded from beside me, grabbing my shoulders gently and turned me to face him.

I closed my eyes in defeat and looked straight at his chest instead of his eyes. It didn't help that he still didn't have a shirt on. I decided to focus on his chest tattoos while I spoke, knowing that if I looked into those green eyes of his, I would crumble and tell him everything.

"You came back drunk and stumbled through the door, slurring my name. I questioned what happened to you, since you were so drunk you could barely stand up by yourself, and you told me that you were mad...at yourself. You said you were mad that you hurt me. I confirmed that you did," he flinched when I told him he hurt me, knowing that emotional pain is almost as bad as physical, but he continued looking at me, and I knew he wanted me to proceed. " But then I told you that drinking away your problems wasn't the best solution. Then you told me you wanted to explain to me why you were acting the way you were. You told me that management wanted you to "break up" with me since you seemed to be back on track. But you didn't want that..." Harry grabbed both my hands and held them against his chest, giving them a gentle squeeze. "Then you kissed me, and--" I hesitated, "You told me that you-" I felt my throat close up. You told me that you loved me.

"What did I tell you?" Harry pressured on, not letting my hands go when I tried to pull them from his grasp.

"Nothing... don't worry about it. After, you passed out. I called Justin because I didn't know what to do and I was freaking out. He came over and checked you and said you were fine and that I overreacted a bit, and then he-" I paused again. I couldn't tell Harry about Justin telling me he loved me, too. That would just cause a whole world of trouble. "Then he left, and you woke up after a bit." I concluded, looking up at him.

"And that's everything?" He asked, looking suspiciously at me.

"That I can remember." I told him, pulling my hands from his grasp and turning to walk out the kitchen. "I'm going to go change." I notified him as I walked towards my room. I opened the door and was just about to close it when a foot caught on the bottom. I looked up and found Harry staring at me, a sorrow look in his eyes.

"You lied to me." he told me softly. I gave him a puzzled look even though I knew exactly what he was reffering to.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, giving him a confused look trying to play it up.

"I just wanted to hear you say it, but you didn't. I just hoped that you maybe..."

"Harry-" I went to open the door a bit more but he stepped back and shook his head and started to retreat down the hall to his room. I watched him as he went until he stopped and looked back at me.

"I meant it." he said.

He meant it....

--

A/N: hey so tonight was kind of my update night. This is updated now, and I even have a new story out for you guys! It's called Reign, check it out for me please? Thank you :)