Chapter 24 - Finale Pt.1

Finale Pt. 1

A/N: btw this is my second time writing this, i accidentally deleted it the first time and i almost cried.

Christina's POV

"We don't have to do this, you know." Harry reminded me, giving my hand a small squeeze as we walked up the stairs leading to our destination building. It's been five days since everything went down. Since then Harry and I have been working on patching things up. He apologized for his outbursts, repeatedly assuring me he meant none of it. He promised to drop the jerk act, hoping it would help us get back to the way we were before.

"I'm so sorry, Christina." He apologized. "I never wanted to hurt you, please know that. I was just scared. I pushed you away, and that was the opposite of what I wanted. I just wanted you closer. But I messed up and ruined everything. I'm just so sorry, Christina." He cried. He actually cried. I grabbed his arms, pulling him closer to me. I ran my hand through his hair, while my other hand rubbed his back.

"Don't cry. Please." I begged, as I continued to comfort him. It broke me to see him cry. "Let's just put this behind us."

We've been spending the past days lounging around inside my apartment, watching movies and trying to get to know each other even more. We basked in each other's company, stealing many kisses and acts of love from each other. We avoided the outside world, focusing inside on just us. We weren't going to move forward if we kept letting outside forces control us.

"No, we do. It just doesn't feel right, Harry. It never has." I told him. "I want to be with you, but I don't want to be paid anymore to do it. At first, it was just a job to me and I wanted to help you out of the goodness of my heart. From the beginning, I could see you weren't a bad person, and I didn't want to see you go down the drain because of fame and know that there was something I possibly could have done to help. But now you mean so much more to me, and I want to still be there for you without a contract tied around my neck. This deal with management has already caused so many problems for us, and I don't want it to anymore. I want it to just be you and I. Us two against the world." I cheesily remarked.

He nodded, understandingly, pressing a kiss to my temple. "We should have done this a long time ago. I was stupid and the excuse I used was stupid. All I did was cause us more problems." He shook his head, looking down at the ground. I let go of his hand and moved to stand in front of him right before we reached the door of the building.

"Hey, look at me." I said comfortingly, reaching my hands up to cup his face lightly. "Don't blame yourself, okay? No relationship is perfect, but we're here now, together, and we're still going strong. The past is the past and what matters most is right here and now. I'm with you, Harry, through happy times and our downfalls. Are you with me?" I asked.

He grasped my hands that were still on his face in his own. "Always." He replied, leaning in and pressing his lips on mine. I felt the validity of his promise in his kiss, feeling his love through our touch.

"Now let's go finish this." He said, pulling away and opening the door to our fate.

"Ms. Lawson, I'm surprised to see you so soon. You still had a few weeks left of our new deal." The guy with dark hair from before remarked, sitting in a chair a few down from us. We were sat at the same table in the same conference room as when they had requested me to come before.

"New deal?" Harry asked, seemingly confused as he looked at me for an explanation.

Oh shit. I forgot to tell him.

I squeezed my eyes close, putting my face in my hands. "I can't believe I forgot." I mumbled into my hands. I felt Harry grab my hands, trying to pull them away from my face.