Chapter 2

We got up and headed to her office. We got yelled at and made a small deal with her. Good grades, and 6 hours of community service each was what we got. We were led to the service chamber. Well, that’s what the kids here call it. Its more like a big room where you clean and get the supplies to clean the school. It’s more of a janitors closet to me.

The room was Dark and medieval like. There were torches to light up the place and the doors were big steel doors . As like almost everything in this school, everything was stone and marble floors, decorated with school signs and lamps for the nighttime, except for the dorm rooms. These were in an elegant hotel down the road. Decorated with fancy chandeliers, and marble floors, and fancy painted windows on the top. But it was mostly a pretty modern setting. But you get used to it after going here for your whole life.

Well, not your whole life. Up until you are in 3rd grade, you go to a different public school where you are sent home every day, as with my brother Jon. Then you are sent to St. Poveradtika’s Private public school. It’s a private and public school because everyone from our area goes there, and private because we stay there the whole year.

But most of my friends usually have graduated. All I have now to be with is Jadelyn. We met in 3rd grade when neither of us knew about our powers. But now we know, and her father will teach us all we need to know.

"I'll see you in two hours, and for four hours after school." Mrs. Hostlemeyer explained.

We figured by completing our community service, it would already be time for dinner. 

The two hours went by fast, and it was just time for school to start when we finished up the last box.  We began to leave and Mrs. Hostlemeyer was standing there. “Girls, I was just about to tell you it was time to leave, wow does time move fast.” she said.

“Oh, when no one came we figured we could leave and decided to leave right now to report to Mrs. Bashettie’s class.” I pointed out.

“Oh well then go ahead girls.” she told me in her British accent. She looked around the room. "Well, no need in completing the community service." She seemed suspicious and let us on our way. As we walked we began to talk about what she had done.

"I can't believe it! She actually let us go!"

"You know," i pointed out, "I think she is beginning to like us." I smiled.

When we reached first period, we found we were late by ten minutes.

The teacher looked at us. “I guess your names are Destiny Caltana and Jadelyn Vascavo?” she asked puzzled at why we were so late.

I nodded slowly and began to explain to her the problem. The only way to convince this teacher was by compelling her to thinking that my story was true.

Looking into her eyes I thought long and hard about making this story true, and I felt my eyes moving that weird way they do when compelling someone.

I had just mastered this skill last week at Jadelyn‘s house and I thought it was a handy tool to have. My eyes zoomed in and out as her eyes stayed locked on mine as I spoke. “Well, Headmistress Hostlemeyer had kept us late to discuss some certain things that had to do with family and school. So she said that it was ok that we were late, because we were under her watchful eye the whole time.” I was still staring into her eyes.

She still looked unconvinced, so I pushed into her mind the way I do with Jadelyn or Jon to see what she was thinking. She was thinking About not believing my story at all. So I placed a thought in her head by using compulsion.

Come on, She is telling the truth. You can let them sit down and continue teaching without any further instruction.

I quickly pulled out of her mind as I was still staring at her. I snapped out of compelling her and her face was blank, as if she had died standing up. But she began to blink and had a puzzled look on her face.