Chapter 3

“Jadelyn!” I called out. My hands still shaking and my mouth open wide in shock. I couldn’t quite comprehend what had just happened before my eyes. I didn’t know what I was going to do or what Jadelyn was going to say once she saw what was before me.

When Jadelyn came in she froze in terror. Her eyes open wide with shock. Looking at me, then back at the girl, and then at me again. She was beginning to think I did this. How could I do this? I would never hurt anyone.

“Jadelyn, that’s Delilah Morgan. The girl who gave us the class schedules. She just looked at me said vampire and passed out cold. Help me get her inside on the couch.” I explained to her. She looked at me, still blanked face and nodded.

When we got her to the couch I kneeled beside her with a bowl of warm water and a bowl of cold water. Each with a rag, and this special herbal tea or something that Jeyden gave me. He told me that I should use it if I or anybody I knew got hurt.

I would apply the warm water on her forehead and when she looked like she was about to sweat, I gave her some cold water. I repeated this for about an hour before I saw her start to move. Then I heard another knock at the door. It sounded, anxious. Even pleading. “Jadelyn, take this over. Im going to get the door.” I asked as I got up and handed her the two rags. I reached the door and opened it, revealing Jeyden. He was still as beautiful as ever, but something was different. He looked different. His eyes were that still gorgeous blue, his hair that same sandy blond, his skin still Italian tan, his teeth still sparkling white. His face was still beautiful. Everything exactly the same, except I felt a sense of worry. I let myself open up to seeing his aura. It was usually blue, oddly enough, I was surprised to see that there wasn’t one.

He stared at me with confusion as I looked at him the same way.

“I understand that, but that’s not the problem. Come with me and I will explain.” he told me. “Please come, I will tell you everything I promise, but I have to get you Jadelyn, and Delilah somewhere safe.” he explained. My mind was blank as he effortlessly picked up Delilah and began walking to the door. I didn’t realize it after a while but something was strange about him so I closed my eyes. I began to pull inside his head to find out what he was thinking.

I don’t know how to tell her. What do I say? ‘you may think im a vampire, but that isn’t true. I am just stronger, and unreadable. I can’t help it. This stupid herb my father gave me made me this way. I mixed it with my drink almost everyday, and poof now im this. I have no idea what I am. Am I living or am I dead? I am not sure. Please just don’t be scared.’ That is so not going to fly with her. Now what do I say? What do I say? Oh how about- no. oh what about- no? jeez this is hard. Hmmm. What to say, what to say? OH! IM A WIZARD! YEAH THAT’S GREAT! I hope she doesn’t laugh in my face. After all I am now magical and powerful about every-

I pulled out of his head, my face hard. Trying to keep the surprise off my face, I smile at him when he smiles back. I smiled at him again, knowing that I could read his mind, because I’m a wizard too.

Once we were in the car, Jeyden began driving. We drove for about three hours, and ended up in a small meadow with a stream, and flowers out of season. Roses and tulips and sunflowers, all growing at the same time.

“What is this place?” I asked him while drinking in all the beauty. Soaking the smell into my skin, wanting to remember this place forever.

“It’s my happy place. I come here when im angry or sad and the beauty makes me happier.” he explained to me. And instantly, I knew something was wrong. He laid Delilah down on a soft patch of grass and pulled out some water and some herb that I didn’t know the name of, Mixed them both together and began began to make her drink it. That herb was different than the one I had. I eyed him suspiciously and began to question if he really was who he said he was. But when he met my gaze, all of my suspicions were cleared away as I stared into his eyes. They were sad, pleading, compelling.

“You’re a Wizard.” I said stiffly. He looked at me confused.

“That’s crazy, not unless you believe in them.” he let out a small laugh.

“Jeyden, I know you were trying to compel me. You know why that didn’t work? Because im a wizard. And so is jadelyn. And what is that herb?” I told him. He looked surprised at my response.

“Well, that’s Forbages. A mix between all healing herbs known to mankind for the last 300 centuries. Fascinating I know. But listen to me for one second. I’m a wizard, Hell, I don’t even know what I am. But I knew Delilah was in trouble.” he told me. He looked at me, and must have seen the confusion on my face when he began once more. “She is my sister, and I could read her thoughts. We have a unique bond. Only I can read her mind, but she can’t read mine.” he met my gaze as he finished his explanation. “I couldn’t possibly live without her, living with no one. Losing the only person I have. I cant stand it.”

“Don’t you guys fight? Don’t you wish she would die sometimes?” I asked him. He shakes his head, “ No, Sometimes I wish bad things upon her, only to find I hated her out of love from one sibling to another. And when she ran off, and moved here, I had to follow. I needed to know she was ok. I couldn’t stand living without knowing she was safe. Especially since its been very hard to locate her, or read her mind, or even calling her telepathically.” He explained.

Then I realized he was right, you really do hate them out of love, and worry. I know that despite all the angry moments, I love Jon, and no one, not even Jadelyn or Jeyden or my mother, could replace him. His brattyness, his lies, his schemes. No one could replace that schemish little boy that is behind those black glasses and brownish red hair. No one. Now I understand what Jeyden is trying to tell me. He is trying to tell me that he would do anything for his sister, and that’s that truth, even if it meant killing yourself to save them. You do what the right choice is. What is best for them. As I looked into his eyes once more, I could see the tears building up inside of me, my face turning red, and the first tear fall.

“I’m sorry, but how did you get it?” I asked. He looked at me.

“Well, the soul master gave it to me.” he told me. I looked at him, my mout wide open. I immediately stopped crying. This was a serious matter now.

“Are you? Are you telling me? That-that you gave away your soul for that herb?” I asked him. He hesitated at first but then slowly nodded.

“There wasn’t much time. I had 15 minutes to save her life, she passed out in front of you yes?” he asked but began before I could answer. “She was attacked by what she thought was a vampire, but the reality was that it was a soul keeper. They use their teeth in a similar motion to biting someone. In order to collect their soul, you have to use every ounce of energy in your body. When they collected it, the victim, in this case Delilah, will feel dizzy and possibly pass out. Then they hand it over to the soul Master who then keeps it in order to someday, possibly, give it back for a price. The death of the soul of the one closest to you.” after explaining to me that I was the in danger of having my soul taken, he traded his soul for his sisters. “They will be here soon. To return her soul.” he told me as he met my gaze. Then he was kissing me.

This kiss, so powerful, so passionate, that I had no way of living without him, even if he didn’t have a soul. I loved him.

When the Soul keeper arrived they returned Delilah’s soul and was about to take Jeyden’s away when I pushed inside of rianna’s mind. I saw her about to bite him, him ready to give away his soul. I had little time, and placed a thought that she already gathered his soul and should be on her way. Then I gently slipped out of her mind, careful not to take the thought with me. Then she blinked and stared into space with a blank look, and walked away from Jeyden.

“I already have your soul, I’m going to leave now.” she said. Jeyden looked at me, his glare piercing the inside of my head.

“Crap!” I yelled. I grabbed my head and there was a high-pitched sound as loud at the highest volume on the radio. I looked at Jeyden my eyes pleading for him to stop but all he did was crank that high-pitched sound louder. “Stop! Jeyden please!” I yelled over the sound in my head. Then I felt something sticky, gooey, warm, coming out of my ears. I pulled my hand up to my eyes and noticed it was red. I was bleeding through my ears, and the sound continued to get louder. Jadelyn was grabbing Jeyden, Begging him to stop. Then it went black as I fell to the ground, and everything was silent.