II

Friday

It seems like Friday came quick as hell. Nina was able to convince her son's grandma to watch him and Layla for me. Using a lie about finding a job she even tricked Mrs. Johnson out of her car for the night. She came over and did my hair in curls identical to hers and helped me with my makeup. I must admit I looked good. That didn't stop my stomach from bubbling with anxiety.
Nina

Lola

Lola

Once at the block party, I slunk back at the party and blended in with the crowd there

Once at the block party, I slunk back at the party and blended in with the crowd there. A couple guys tried to holla one of them was fine as hell too but I kept my mind on the task at hand. I had to stay focused it wasn't a night for fun.

I watched intently as Nina poked out her ass while she flirted and felt Luckie up. Not that he was a victim because he was all over her too. An hour or so into the party he dapped up a couple guys and made his exit with Nina drawn in close to him by her waist.

I gave the duo a head start before following at a distance as he drove to his house. Why would you take a random bitch to your house? I shake my head. My stomach churned with fire as I sat in Nina's mother in law's car. How in the hell did I get her to get me to agree to this? I blow. I contemplated putting the car in driving and bailing on Nina's plan. My impending eviction loomed over me and caused me to sit tight and let things play out.

My heart races as I slump down in the seat and try to be inconspicuous staked out in the car. Someone seeing me might blow our cover. My phone vibrates against my hip damn near scaring me to death. What am I doing here? I ask myself for the 15th time. Breathing heavily I punch in my passcode and see a message from Nina.

I did it at the party it should kick in at any minute. Park on the corner. Walk around to the back I'll be in the bathroom.

Here goes nothing I sigh. Nina's genius idea was for me to switch places with her while she searched his house for money. Her original plan was to drug him at his house but apparently the opportunity came early.

I dash across a neighbors freshly cut lawn to make easy access to Luckie's back yard. Before I can get up to the house I see the window slide up and Nina peek out. She waves me over frantically. "We ain't got all night." She whispers in a panic.

She reaches out and pulls me in. I notice she has the shower running wide open.

"I asked him to let me freshen up." She answers the question I didn't ask. "He gave me one of his tee shirts to put on. Here." She pushes it into my hands while she pulls the straps of my dress down. Hurriedly I strip out of the dress and turn to the shower.

"What the hell you doin?" She scowls.

"He gone expect me to be clean if I been in here taking a shower." I explain.

"Bitch we ain't got time for that. His ass will be out in a minute anyway. I gave him 3 of them pills." She waves a hand.

"We ain't trying to kill him Nina." I said wide eyed.

"It ain't gone kill his ass. He done took worse shit than trust me." She curled her lips.

"I'm fuckin shaking." I looked at my hands.

"Take this." She pulled a little pill from her bra and held it out for me to open my mouth. "I took one to calm my nerves for this shit." Nina opened her mouth slightly indicating what she wanted me to do. I took the sweet tablet into my mouth making a little spit to swallow it with. I hoped this shit would work fast. My life depended on it.

"But what if he don't?" I question, still unsure of the whole thing. "What if he doesn't pass out?"

"Well then you gone need to put on the performance of your life and put his ass to sleep." She directs. "I'm sure you can handle that." She adds pulling Luckie's tee shirt over my head and pushing me out of the bathroom.

Seeing me emerge, Luckie raised his head. "Mmm come here baby." Luckie licks his lips as I stumble out of the bathroom.

I plaster on a fake smile and saunter over to him. My heart beat is deafening as it pounds in my ears. There's no way in the world he can't hear it.

"You changed your mind about the shower?" He asks running his hand up my thigh.

"I really just needed to get more comfortable. I wanted to hurry back to you." I lie.

"Can't get enough huh?" He grins, leading me toward a bedroom.

"Not at all baby." I rub his arm. Inside I'm praying that whatever Nina gave him makes haste. "Can I get something to drink?" I stall.

"Yeah that's cool. Make yourself comfortable on the bed." He points.

Crawling into the bed, I realize how stupid I am. I immediately regret sending him back out of the bedroom for fear that he might catch Nina. My fear is instantly relieved when he returns with two beers.

Luckie gives me an open bottle and sits on the bed pulling his shirt over his head before taking off his shoes. I chug the beer he gave me in anticipation of what I'm about to have to do.

I lean over and place the empty bottle on his nightstand. Looking back over at him I find that he's sprawled out on the bed knocked out cold.

He's out. I text Nina.

He's out but my nerves have not subsided. I chew on my nails afraid to budge. I don't know how easy it is to wake somebody that's passed out. How the hell am I suppose to know if he's sleep or blacked out? What the hell has Nina gotten me into? About 10 minutes pass before I get up the nerve to climb out of bed an tip toe out of the room.

Rushing into the bathroom I find a cracked window but no Nina. I go back into the living room and try to decide where she might be. I turn to head in the direction of the kitchen when something hard and cold is pressed against the back of my neck.

"Don't move Bitch." A cold and callous voice says. Before I can process what's going on I feel a piercing pain in the top of my head and the room goes black.

https://www.amazon.com/Identical-Sins-What-Comes-Cheap-ebook/dp/B07KSJZR2Y/ref=gwm_tlc_pi?pf_rd_s=grid-3&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=7TC1MJM9H2ZD6512HXHG&pf_rd_p=9aba4544-934d-42d8-b6b5-30616bf879a2&pd_rd_i=B07KSJZR2Y