Chapter 4 - fighter or a planner?

Welcome back!
Thank you for spending the time to read my story, it means a lot.
Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh and Thorn wanted to see you Autumn" Matthew said. "We might as well all go I guess, you'll get lost if we don't come,"

"True. Alright then." I said standing up, pulling Bell with me. "Let's go."

I followed the others out of the dorm and back into the training room. From there we followed down a corridor and at the other end stood 4 doors. One for each Team Leader. Jake pushed open the door on the far left and we walked in. Inside it was raining. Icy water droplets falling from nowhere. I practically screamed at the sight. At the noise, Thorn spun around, her hair the whipping her across the face.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry guys!" She said, pushing the hair out of her mouth, and in a blink of an eye the rain was gone and our soaking clothes were instantly dry.

I stood, my mouth wide open like a cod fish in utter shock.
I shook my head, shaking away the feeling of confusion and amazement.

"Super powers....."

"I prefer special abilities personally but yes. Is she ok?" Thorn quietly said the last part towards Jake.
I heard him mumble to her about my lost memory as I stood glued to the floor, frozen.

"Quick question." I asked. Thorn nodded. "Actually I have a million question but I'll start with this one."

"Ask away,"

"Why am I here? Why can't I remember anything? Am I a stick, the thing Scar said?"

I mentally slapped myself as I realised I didn't just as a single question but 3 in fact.

"One question you say," I heard Nick chuckle.

"Autumn everyone here has been chosen to train how to fight, why, I can't say but we leaders teach you. Unfortunately I don't know why you can't remember anything I've just been informed to train and watch over you. And no I doubt you are a stick, someone without powers because everyone who survived the leak so far has a sort of ability, you being our only exception."

"Maybe you do have an Ethalled Autumn!" Bell chirped in, "Maybe you just forgot when you bumped your head!"

I want to believe Bell in the fact that I did just bump my head and that I am just suffering bad concussion and loss of memory but deep down I know that's not true. But it just doesn't add up..

"We'll find your Ethalled don't worry," Thorn said, resting a rough hand on my shoulder, she made me feel tiny with my petite build against her broad one.

After a small conversation about rules, do's and don'ts with Thorn, I followed the others back into the training room.

"You a fighter or a planner?" Jake said breaking the silence as we walked. There wasn't much to fill the conversation with. I was as stupid as a newborn with my lack of memory so could do nothing but listen and learn.

"I have no idea. Haven't done either of them before. Not that I remember anyway," I replied sheepishly, tucking my hair behind my ears on either side.

"No offence but you look pretty weak" Nick said cutting in. I shot him a confused and hurt look.
"I mean look at those skinny arms. And you're short too!" I scowled at him.