Chapter 1: I'M A WHAT?!

*Disclaimer* I don't own any of the Percy Jackson characters! They belong to Rick Riordan! I only own Atlanta, the plot, and a few other characters! 

(Atlanta's dreams are in bold italics)

My name is Atlanta Hestia Marine Keep. This the story of my summer, the summer I found out what I was, a Greek, Roman Demigod, the first one in history.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Chapter 1: I'M A WHAT?

I was walking down a beach that had seashells of many colors and the sky was a wavering ocean blue with hints of a dark blue scattered all around when I saw a man fighting a woman. I was outraged when I saw this but then, something in front of my eye's shimmered and I saw what the woman was. A monster. 'Atlanta think! You learned about most of the monster's of the ancient world!' I pulled my hair back and I saw that the woman had the leg of a donkey and a bronze prostheses leg. When I looked closer I noticed that she had red eye's and what looked like fangs. That is when I came to realize that... the woman was an empuosa.  I gasped and started to run to help the man. When I got closer I noticed that the man had a trident in one hand and a sword in the other. I finally got to the man to help him when I took noticed the empuosa was gone and in its palace was a pile of yellowish colored dust. I look at the man with surprise and he smiled at me and said, "I wondered when you would show up. Atlanta Hestia Marine Keep."

I stared at him, "H-how d-do you know my name?"

The man laughed and said to me, "Oh, Atlanta! Don't you notice me?"

I looked at the man more in detail. He had mysterious sea green eyes, which strongly resembled the ocean. The scent of the sea was even stronger and I felt the amount of power that he possessed. Yet he seemed like a distant memory. I felt connected to him like he was family. Right, when I opened my mouth to say who he was, a flash of light appeared and another figure with scars and a hammer appeared, his brown eye's shining with joy. I squeaked and stumbled backward into the water, the I looked to the man who talked asked whether or not I recognized him. "Your Poseidon! Greek god of the sea, horses, and earthquakes!" He nodded and I turned to the guy with the hammer, "You are the Roman god Vulcan but your Greek side is Hephaestus!"

Vulcan turned to me and smiled, "I am also a relative on your mother's side."

Poseidon looked at me and said, "I am glad you finally recognized me, my daughter."

"Wait, daughter? You don't mean that I am your..."

"You are Poseidon's only demi-god daughter and you are my granddaughter,"  Vulcan stated. 

"I'M A WHAT?"I shriek, I was panting with surprise. 'This cannot be real I must have fallen asleep in class! YIKES! I am not talking to Vulcan. Who apparently is my grandfather on my mom's side and talking to my father who hasn't been around for what? 13 YEARS?'

"I know this is confusing but this is all real. More will be explained to you later. When you meet a guy named Percy Jackson you must go with him. He will take you to a place for demi-gods like yourself, don't tell anyone of your heritage until you get to camp. I will see you later." Poseidon mentioned to me. 

"Wait! Don't go! I have questions that need to be answered!" I shouted to my father and to my grandfather, but right when I said that they left and all that was left was a note saying,

'Go with Percy my child, don't fight him. If another monster comes use this to protect yourself. Be strong.'

I looked next to the note and found a blue pen that had an image of a trident and a hammer. I put them in my pocket and heard another voice saying my name. "Atlanta! Atlanta!"

That's when I woke up to a person I noticed as my teacher right beside me.

RATS! 

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Hey! Sorry that this is so short, I will try to do better as the book goes. I will try to update when I can. Hope you enjoy! 

:-) Emilie