•|• Chapter One •|•

I blew a piece of my hair out my face, now a days my hair hit the ground.  My mother never aloud me to cut it, like I ever would though.  I lifted my back out the soft cushioned bed stretching my arms up.  I sat upon the bed looking around the room with droopy eyes.

My eyes reached the large calendar above my desk, on today's date was a large crown.  The doing of my mother saying that it was picture day.  I counted down the seconds it took for my mother to come running through the door.

5,
4,
3,
2-.

My mother blasted through the door coming to the bed and pulled away the comforter. "Get the hell up, Guin!  We have twenty maximum, twenty-two minutes for your royal fitting.  And then it's move, move, move!"  My mother sang the beginning of Princess and the Pauper not even realizing it.  A grin shown across my face as I remembered the times when my mother was a friend to me and we would stay up watching Netflix.

***

I sat in front of the vanity as I began to brush my hair, I decided to weave roses into a crown on the top of my head. The rest of my hair was in a light loose braid with white and red roses woven in. My dress was a deep wine red with a lace bodice, it then fanned out beautifully with white accents upon it.

I went light on the makeup only doing a light smokey eye with a bit of eyeliner, no wing.  My eyelashes were naturally dark and curly so no need for mascara. To top it off I had a red lipstick matching my dress. With the red lip stick I expertly made a ombré on it with the white, the red turned lighter and light as it went towards the middle it turned to white.

I had finally finished my masterpiece and smile to myself, perfect. I enjoyed getting all fancied up, only when I do it to myself though.

I grabbed the Selection Form off the vanity also and grabbed my white heels. "Coming mother!" I yelled as I made my way down the steps.

She had been calling for me later back, she had said that we need to get there right away. When my mother saw me her face lit up only for a second until it went cold again. "Finally, lets go. I already have a cab outside waiting."

I slipped on the heels and followed her out the door, the same cab driver from yesterday was here. This time though I could see his eyes, and they were looking right at me. They were a watery blue that could suck you in, almost as if you are in a dream. I shook the image away and continued to get in the car.

I don't know why, but I felt that I've seen those eyes somewhere before.

As again my curiosity took hold and I asked him, "Have I seen you before?"

"I don't believe so, now where to?" he said a bit agitated while saying this.

But I haven't given up, "I could've sworn I've seen you somewhere, TV maybe?"

"Just tell the old hag where we're going, Guin!" my mother yelled anxiously.

I rolled my eyes and said, "To the post office where-"

"You're going to get your picture taken for the selection, I know, I know." He didn't speak another word and off we went.

***

We had finally arrived I had said my goodbyes to the man and got out the door as he held it open.

While my mother began walking I went to follow her but, the man had pulled me back. "Soon enough, you will know who I am."

I was flabbergasted for a near second, "What do y-" But he was already speeding down the street before I could ask.

"Cmon' ,Guin, we haven't all day!" I rushed to catch up with my mother, I looked back over my shoulder to catch one last glimpse.

My mother went to the side and started to chat with another lady while I looked around for a special someone. Morgan(Mor-gan-a) was standing close behind me, she had been running out the cab trying to keep her Form in one place.

"In a rush?" I smiled faintly.

Morgan chuckled lightly, "Like always, I forgot to staple this bloody papers." Her eyebrows bunched together as she focused hard on her unorganized form. Morgan wasn't what most call beautiful, but she was a pretty sight to behold. Raven black hair and light blue eyes, her jaw was almost squared but helped to beatify her features.

"My mother check over fifteen times if I filled out the whole form, the Prince for the selection is an arrogant bastard anyways," I scoffed.

Morgan nodded in agreement, "But he is also so dreamy, is hair is like golden silk!"

"I prefer his cute baby sister over him, like have you even seen he-" I was cut off by the calling of, next. I hadn't notice that I was most definitely next.

"Good luck," Morgan whispered.

"Thanks I'll need it."

I handed the form to the photographer and took a seat. "Just act natural as if you are apart of the wind."

Talk about wind at that exact moment a piece of hair fell out in the front of my face which I ended up trying to blow at as I rolled my eyes. I was so busy with my hair that I hadn't noticed the snap of the camera.

"Wait I wasn't-" the man shooed me away without listening.

Now we just have to count the days leading up to the report.

______________

Author's Note
/\
\/

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and yes I based a lot of the names off of Merlin characters.  I also made them use some of the phases they have in Merlin!

Who do you think the mystery guy is?

Random Question:
Arthur Penndragon or Lancelot?