19

LEO

"LEO!" The sound of Bailey yelling my name work me up from my slumber and I still groggy from sleep ran up to our room to find her sitting on the edge of the bathtub with a white stick in hand. I blinked, all traces of sleep vanishing, staring at her

"What is it?" I asked walking over to he and kneeling down to be at her eye level. She looked up with tears in her eyes as she handed me the stick. Taking it from her, I looked down at it to see two bright pink lines and felt my heart race and eyes widen.

"We need to go to the doctors to make sure" I said and she sniffled nodding

"What if it's really negative and this is all false? I don't want to get my hopes up only to get them crushed" she whispered and I swallowed the knot in my throat and said while cupping her face gently

"Everything will okay" she looked at me with tears streaming down her cheeks but nodded. It's been five months since our wedding. Bennett had stayed with my parents while we were away always alternating with Allen.

"Let's just go see the doctor okay?" I said and she nodded with a sniffle. Allen had taken Bennett to the park to play so I texted him asking if he could take Bennett to my parents house I stead of here. He asked what the problem was but I just told him that we'd let him know when we got back. Grabbing our winter coats and shoes since we were in the middle of November, we left the house locking the door behind us and got in the car.

~*~*~*~

We waited patiently for the nurse to call us in and when she did we were led to a room down the hall and she asked Bailey al sorts of questions and did a few tests and asked her to give them a urine sample before letting us know that the doctor will be in shortly. We sat in silence for a good 10 minutes before Dr. Kent came in and asked her what the problem was.

"I've been nauseous for a few weeks now and I took a pregnancy test earlier today and it came back positive" Bailey answered and he nodded writing it down on his chart before asking her to lay back on the cot.

"How long has those symptoms been going on for?" He asked

"Three weeks"I replied and he nodded

"Does it hurt here?" He asked but she shook her head.

"When was the last day of your last period?" He quizzed and Bailey bit her lip

"September 14th" she replied and he nodded helping her sit up.

"The test results should be in a few minutes and we'll know for sure. Have you been pregnant before?" He said and Bailey nodded

"I had a miscarriage a few months ago" she answered

"Were you in any vitamins?"

"We only found out that she was pregnant for a short period before she lost the baby so she wasn't given any vitamins" I answered and he nodded

"Were you taking any other medicine while pregnant?" And the questions went on that way for a few minutes all of which the answer to were no.

"We need to do some tests to see why you had a miscarriage and then we'll be able to prevent it from happening again" he said and then said that he'd be back shortly eight he results.

~*~*~*~

"Congratulations you're indeed expecting. You are roughly 10 weeks along" the doctor said when he walked back into the room and we were thrilled. He said that they needed to do some blood tests to see what had caused the miscarriage. We left shortly after they drew some blood and they told us that they'd call us with the results so we could go in to talk about what could be done to prevent Bailey from having a miscarriage again.