Break-up

NON GLEE WATCHERS SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE STARTING!

* Lima, Ohio is the place McKinley High is, the school Brittany and Santana went to and also where they lived.

* Santana meets Dani in New York (Season 5) after breaking up with Brittany during season 4.

 * Also just so you know (before I get attacked), I DO NOT HATE DANI'S CHARACTER OR DEMI LOVATO! this is just a fanfiction.

"Hey San, where are you going?" Dani asked as soon as she stepped into the apartment.

"I told you before, I'm going back to Lima for a while" 

Dani just looked at her with wide eyes. 

"You didn't tell me.." Dani said 

"Oh, I guess I forgot. Now you know. I'm staying for some weeks" Santana said as she threw clothes into her big black bag. 

"Santana, what's wrong with you? You can't just leave now, in the middle of everything"

"This isn't anything spontaneous me and Rachel have been planning this trip for weeks"

Dani just sat on the couch, looking at Santana like she just killed a puppy or something.

"Are you going back there for Brittany?" Dani said after some minutes of silence. 

Santana didn't move a finger. She freezed and stared down at her suitcase with small eyes. 

"Don't be stupid, me and Brittany are history. That's over now" 

"Is this your cowardy way of breaking up with me? Leaving for some weeks waiting, for me to break up with you?" 

Santana didn't have anything to say, Dani kinda read her mind when she said those words. She took a step closer to Dani so she stood right in front her, with her eyes staring into hers she built up the courage to get this over with. 

"Look, Dani. I like you, you're an amazing girl and you helped me get through my break up with Brittany. I know you hate me right now, and that's okay. I just won't lie to you anymore, you deserve better than this. I used you and it was wrong of me, I should have known better. But nothing, and I really mean nothing will stop me from going back to Lima right now. I need a break" 

Dani didn't know what to say, she was speechless. Everytime she tried to open her mouth nothing else but air left it. Santana just stood there, in front of her, waiting for something to slip out of Dani's mouth, a rude comment, a final goodbye, anything. She didn't really care what.

"You're heartless, Santana" Dani said and took her bag from the couch and slammed the door behind her.

 Santana kept packing for a couple of more minutes, and sat down. Looking at her watch and then at the window. Thinking about what she just did, she knows it was mean, Dani really liked her. But it is what it is, it's done now and so is she. 

"Where is that little midget" she mumbled, talking about Rachel.

Around 20 minutes later she gets a call from Rachel, she hurries down and steps into the yellow, typical New York cab.