Chapter 7

As I sat in the classroom I thought about the turn my life has taken within literally 24 hours. Yesterday I was a human with human children and I had enrolled into a human high school. Next thing I know there's mutants and monsters all around, and my children are also potential mutants, and so am I. I'm taking this really well, I think. How would normal people act?

Trust me, you are all but normal.

Shut up smartass, I'm still thinking about what happens to you as well.

There's nothing you can do about me, filth. Unfortunately we are stuck together 'til a way is found for me to survive without you.

When you find out be a good boy and let me know.

A growl was heard in my head as the mutt went to a corner of my mind. I rolled my eyes before trying to focus in the English class. I ended up looked out the window and saw a bird nesting in the window.

A hand hit my desk, irritating me as my lip instantly raised in a snarl. I blanked my face as I looked in front of me to see that guy from yesterday.

"Since we were interrupted yesterday, I'd like to reintroduce myself. I'm RJ, these are my boys. We're on the varsity basketball team," he says with a smirk that looked like a severe twitch on his face. One eye was more closed than the other, making him look stupid to me. "I'd like to have a sexy girl like you to be one of my many cheerleaders."

I tried not to roll my eyes as I looked back out the window. I didn't have the time to deal with these fools. "Oh come on baby, don't be like that," I heard him say before feeling something stroke my cheek. My hand grabbed it out of instinct and started to crush it. I looked to see his bunched up fingers as he barked in pain. I laid my chin on the palm of my hand and looked at him, my boredom of his shenanigans probably written on my face.

"Look RV, I guess I'll have to spell it out for you and I won't mind doing so with your own blood next time you touch me without my permission. Leave. Me. The fuck. Alone," I said in a low voice. He gritted his teeth and stared at me with an anger that heated my blood. I grinned and tightened my grip around his fingers, making him bark in pain again.

"Girl let me go," he said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not very tempted to but I have to be civil," I said before yanking his hand so that he was closer to my face. "Engrave this into your skull before I do, don't bother me or I'll crush what little conscience is left in your rotting beer brain."

I shoved his hand away from me before looking back at the window. My blood slowed and I sighed. I can't believe I lost control like that.

I see I'm not the only one residing here.

Not in the mood to deal with your mocking.

How long?

Fuck off.

I'm actually trying to help you scum.

I don't need your help mutt!

I gritted my teeth and worked on my breathing to try and control my blood. I looked to see my claws had turned black and elongated. I thought of my children, how Zaria was finally old enough to go to kindergarten. We had a new addition to the family, that was something to be happy about. I looked and saw my nails returned to normal and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I wiggled my fingers and then sighed. Gabriel scooted closer to me and gave me a slick grin that made me roll my eyes. "Oh come on baby please, you have to feed my addiction."