Chapter 4

When school was out, I went to my locker and started to walk to the front doors. I was almost out the doors when I smelled something delicious. I look up to see Winter at the bottom of the steps, a couple girls talking to her but she didn't seem too interested. As I was walking down the steps, I hid my scent because I'm nosy and I wanna hear what they're talking about.

"Come on Winter, come to the party," a blonde girl asked. "It won't be any fun, plus, I have a surprise for you," she said getting way too close to Winter and touching part of her thigh that was exposed by her skirt.

I choked back a growl, which was extra hard considering I was a very jealous person. Apparently so was my wolf because he clawed at my mind, growling and yelling at me to rip the girl away from Winter. I let my scent be noticed as I carefully made my demeanor seem calm as if I didn't see anything. Winter's head immediately snapped my direction and she shoved the other girl away, getting a small squeal from her. That's what you get, I thought, fighting the smirk that was bound to come. I finally got to Winter's side and she laced her fingers in mine, hiding slightly behind my broad shoulders. "Hey baby," I said and moved so I could kiss her.

When I looked back, the blonde had a glare but it immediately shifted to a fake smile. I wouldn't have been able to tell it was fake if I hadn't spent most of my life studying people's expressions. "Winter baby, who is this?"

I scrunched my eyebrows at her when she called Winter 'baby'. I looked at Winter, who was still slightly behind me. I flicked my head towards the blonde chick, prompting Winter to answer. She moved right in front of my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her lower back. "This is my mate, Jay," Winter said to the girl. "Josephine, this is Wendy," Winter said to me. I looked at the girl and put my left hand out for this Wendy to shake.

She looked at my hand then back at me. "You reek of poverty," Wendy said before looking at Winter. "Come to the party Winter baby, you'll definitely find better than this street walker," she said looking me up and down with disgust in her eyes. I immediately got pissed.

"What-" I was interrupted with a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Winter lean her head onto my shoulder.

"If I come then my mate comes as well. I most likely will not pay attention to your people as I will be too occupied with my mate. But just so I'm clear, I will not go to your party with those snobbish uppity people, I refuse your invitation. I will not revoke my decision because you have blatantly disrespected my mate. Now if you excuse me, me and my mate have someplace to be because I do not want her committing assault to someone with high status in front of all these students and we are very busy. Goodbye Wendy Ferris," Winter said before taking my hand and pulling me towards the parking lot of the school.

After a while I pulled her to a stop and she looked back at me. I pulled her close to me and kissed her passionately. She responded with a moan and I took that opportunity to slip my tongue in her mouth. She put her hands in my hair and I held her by her hips. Finally we pulled away and she was breathing heavily, a blush on her face. "As much as I enjoyed that, why did you do it?"

Now it was my turn to blush. I looked away and scratched the back of my head. "Because I was jealous, so is my wolf apparently. When we saw that girl all over you, it pissed us off. He wanted to rush the chick and kick her ass, making her submit to us, but I chose the route that I thought would be the less offensive and would get less attention. But then you said all that stuff and I think you were pissed, I couldn't really tell, and now here we are," I explained.

She was quiet for a while, and I refused to look at her. I lowered my face in embarrassment. Damn, maybe I said too much. Then I felt her lips on my cheek, making me freeze. I looked to see her smiling. "You aren't jealous, you're territorial. Jealous is wanting something you don't have, which I hope you don't want another girl. But territorial is protecting what's already yours," she placed her hand on my cheek softly. I looked in her eyes and all I saw was sincerity. I grabbed the back of her neck and slammed her lips on mine, making her yelp then laugh with my lips on her's. She pulled back again and looked at me. "Come on, I want to show you my house," she said taking my hand and jogging towards this limo. "Sorry about the car, I have a jeep but my parents don't want me driving it to school if I can just ride in the limo. They want to keep an eye on me," she said rolling her eyes.