1

ADRIAN'S POV

London was new to me. Growing up in the small town of Cambridge, New Zealand, I was never used to such large buildings and busy streets. Sure, we had 5 o'clock traffic, but nothing like this. Cars sitting bumper to bumper on the cobbled streets, waiting for a small park that none of them could fit in. The grey landscape was so different to my rolling hills and long green pastures that our horses raced across. The streets here were narrow, and their trees were not as healthy as ours. I wandered along the streets, slowly making my way through the millions of pedestrians to London's University of Technology. It was a miracle that they sent me a scholarship all the way from the Queens land to such a small town in the middle of the Pacific. I always loved filming and editing my own videos, and posting them onto youtube for people to see. Of course, I tied in my photography with it too, getting great inspiration from people like Connor Franta and KickthePJ. The street suddenly widened up, and ahead I saw the large, red bricked building I was to call home for the next 4 years, if I survived that long. I made my way up the long concreted driveway, following other students who looked quite bored. I frowned. This was not how I thought coming to London would be like. I thought the students would be happy to be here, knowing that they were having a great privilage to come to this school. Only 150 new students were picked each year, which is not a lot for a school with a great reputation.
"Looks like someone is eager."
I turned around, finding the speaker right behind me. It was a tall, darkskinned male, with bright brown eyes and close shaven black hair. He looked quite sporty, and was wearing a basketball tee shirt.
"Yeah. I'm new here" I said awkwardly, feeling quite small next to him.
"So am I! Where are you from? You don't have a british accent like most of them" he gestured to the other students filing into the building.
"I'm from New Zealand. I'm Adrian, by the way" I held out my hand.
"New Zealand! You flew quite a way here mate. I'm Tate, from North Carolina" he shook it, giving me a bright lopsided smile.
We began walking up the drive again, chatting about nothing in particular, when a bunch of mean, popular looking students strode upto us.
"Well look at this, new friends are we?" One of them sneered.
We walked past them, which annoyed them.
"Hey!" one of them lunged at my duffle bag, ripping it off my shoulder. I stumbled, then turned around.
"Give it back!" I shouted, glaring at them.
"Whatcha gonna do, nerd?" the male smirked, rummaging through my stuff.
He pulled out a photoframe, and whistled.
"Look at this, guys, he has a hottie girl with 'em" He laughed.
It was my sister he was talking about. Yes, she was pretty, taking after our mum with her blue eyes and beautiful brown curls. I looked more like dad, blonde brown hair, grey eyes and a scrawny build. I definitely looked like a nerd, not a country person like my sister.
"That's my sister, you dicks!" I growled, snatching back my bag, and the frame.
"You're kidding me!! Your sister! Bullshit is what I say." They laughed, sauntering off.
I sighed and angrily shook my head.
"Sorry I didn't do anything, mate" Tate said quietly.
"It's alright" I smiled. "Let's go find our dorms."
He gave me his signature smile, and we walked inside the bustling building.