o n e

When I stepped out into the balcony, the moon was visible on the sky, with stars radiating their light to shine the pathway in the milky way. The chilly breeze was tickling my skin but I was safe secured under the blanket wrapped around me like those main characters in the comic books.

Stargazing wasn't something unusual, but since I had nothing to do around the empty house beside lazing around and sleep until noonㅡ those had made certainly made me to be a night owl lately.

There was no one to nag or be mad at me; this house was only consisted of me alone most of the time. Only on rare occasions my parents would spend time at home and momentarily forget about their corporate works. They were too caught up with business trips, business meetings and business deals that they even forgot they had a daughter left at home. Well, not that I was complaining though. They pretty much were clueless about my life as I didn't play the role of sweet and enthusiastic child.

Even about me skipping school.. well, things were working out secretly as long as the school didn't call them before I did and told them I was sick or some sorts of similar stuffs. So far, there was nothing wrong with me standing at the balcony and stared at the sullen sky for a while.

And on my fifth day of staying in the house, I found myself staring at a total male stranger at the right balcony.

I didn't stiffen, nor showing apparent and visible emotions upon meeting eyes with him. He was propping his chin in the palm of his left hand as his other hand was busy holding a toxic cigarette in the air. I haven't seen him in that family. Is he their relatives or friends who stayed over? His black hair was messy; I assumed he just had taken shower with a small towel around his neck. His lips curved up slightly as the air grew awkward, "Good night there, neighbour."

I don't think a good night is a good thing to say right now. "Urm, did you move in?" I asked without beating around the bush, not trying to hide the fact that I was worrying about my privacy. Next door couple was newlywedㅡ I never seen them out at the balcony frequently, and I was at ease with that.

"..you could say that. Kim Junhee is my sister. You know her, right?" He looked at me with an interesting glance. Kim Junhee was a beauty with a kid; she got remarried to a very good man that was suitable for her. Even I was at awe looking at the pair who looked together. Knowing that this stranger was her brother didn't really shock me to earth. I guessed good genes run in the family.

Moving in.. It will be a hassle after this to go out the balcony since he's probably going to smoke outside from the house. That would be a big fat chance of me running into him all the time. I secretly heaved a defeated sigh. It looked like I would be rolling inside my toto while watching another 494939 korean dramas for twenty four hours after this since the balcony was now in restricted area.

"I didn't expect to meet my neighbour so suddenly, but I have something to show you my gratitude." He caught my focus back onto him as he shoved his hand into his jeans pocket. With only short distance that separated us, I held out my hand to him out of courtesy and curiosity. He seemed to be older than me but at the same time he gave out the aura that similar to young kids.

When he put something on my palm softly, I just let my gaze fall to examine the round thing. A mint candy to get rid of the cigarette smell, huh. I should have expected that. "Thank you." I shortly said. Before waiting for his reply, I grabbed my blanket tighter and got back into the house.

Walking back into the house after two minutes doing nothing was normal, but since I was lazy potato, I already thought that it was too tiring for me.