Chapter 1

You were awoken from your slumber from a large roar. You jumped awake, sitting up in bed. You looked over at the time. 10:00am. You had slept in. You muttered under your breath and got dressed quickly, starting to run down the stairs to grab something to eat. You were already ready for the scolding that was going to come from your sister for sleeping in so late, it happened at least once a week – normally on Saturdays. You finished your breakfast and made your way to the arena. You watched from above as her Charizard roared, sending out large flames, defeating another oncoming trainer. Your sister and her Charizard had been undefeated for months, a whole year almost. She never let you battle; all you had was a Bulbasaur. She didn't want the reputation of her undefeatable gym to be ruined. You didn't care much about battling anyway, so it didn't bother you much. Still, a few battles here and there might be a little fun, being you weren't allowed to go anywhere except school. Your sister was pretty strict, but she cared for you. Maybe a little too much caring... Suffocating even.

"I can't believe I lost another battle!" the opposing trainer whined, "I'll get that badge eventually, I know I will!" He returned his Pokémon and left the gym. "Good job, Char!" your sister praised her Charizard, whom she nicknamed Char. She patted its snout as she turned and saw you sitting up on the arena's balcony. "There you are! Did you sleep in again?" You shamefully nodded, and she laughed at you. You looked at her confused. Normally, she would scold you, but now it was like it didn't matter. "I'm not in trouble?" you asked. She shook her head.

"Nah, too happy to be mad at you for that."

You became more confused. "Happy about what?"

"I don't know...," she replied, "I just woke up in a good mood today!" You smiled at this. Maybe she would let you go out today and fine a fellow trainer to battle your Bulbasaur with, or do something that wasn't as boring as sitting around watching Charizard battle all day and practically doing nothing.

Ash, Misty, and Brock were continuing their journey. They came across a town called Int. It was a small funny name, but it was the name of the town alright. The name of your town. "Int Town?" Ash said confused. "Never heard of it," said Misty. "Me neither," Brock jumped in. Pikachu sighed and plopped down on Ash's shoulder tiredly. "I'm getting a little worn out, too, Pikachu...," he said patting Pikachu's head.

"Maybe there's a Pokémon Center we could rest at," Brock suggested. "Maybe they'll have a gym, too! I can't wait to get another badge! I'm on a roll!" Ash let out a small chuckle. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Ash," Misty said with a smirk as they continued to walk into Int town.

Jessie watched the trio head into the town with a pair of binoculars. "With our new plan, we're bound to get Pikachu this time," she gawked, wishfully. "We've used this plan before, and it failed miserably, just like it did the last time! And the time before that! And- "

"Oh, Meowth, don't be such a pessimist," James interrupted. "I'm just tryna make a point," the pompous feline retorted. "Well, Meowth your point is very dull," Jessie said putting the binoculars away, "Now shut up, and let's stick to the plan!"