Chapter 2

After resting at the Pokémon Center, Ash and his friends were at the Int Gym, where Char stood triumphantly at the other end. "Oh wow, a Charizard!" Ash chimed, "I know which Pokémon I'm gonna use." He bounced a Pokeball in his hand, ready to battle. "This is gonna be easy!" Your sister chuckled as she had her arms crossed over her chest. "You think so?" she gawked. She was undefeated and had no doubts of Ash losing. "Let the battle begin, and let's find out."

"Charizard, go!" Ash threw his Pokeball, and then two Charizard stood at either side of the arena with their trainers. Ash's Charizard was slightly bigger than Char and it looked stronger. Suddenly, watching your sister battle didn't seem so boring. You stood at the balcony, watching the two trainers, intrigued, pondering to yourself if Char would win or lose. Your sister examined the opposing Charizard, and gave a small, nervous smile to herself; Char looked slightly worried, but ready for the battle.

"Char, use flame thrower!" she commanded. Char took in a deep breath and spit out flames at the opposer. Ash repeated the move to his Charizard and the flames caught each other midway the arena, damaging neither of them. "Charizard, tackle attack!" Ash's Charizard stepped forward in a quick, swift movement, and hit Char in the face with its flaming tail. Char stepped back, and shook its head. When Char looked up again, Charizard had repeated the same move, hitting it again. "Charizard, use flame thrower!" Ash's Charizard breathed flames at Char, dazing it. Char blinked, its skin scorched. It had a dazed face. Your sister looked to her Charizard and as she did, it fainted, falling to the ground.

"Told ya it would be easy," Ash chimed. "How...?" your sister said meekly. She looked at Char with worried, caring eyes. She was hiding her disappointment. Many months, almost a whole year, her gym had been undefeated, and now she finally lost. "Char, return." The defeated Char went back into its Pokeball.

Your eyes had widened at Char's defeat. You were in awe of this new Pokemon trainer, and thought of maybe becoming their friend and tagging along with him and his friends. "I suppose it was easy...," your sister said to the trainer, Ash, "Here. Take this." She handed Ash a badge, something's she's not had to do in a long time. Ash took the badge and put it with the other badges pinned to the inside of his vest. "Thanks!" he chimed and walked out. You stood up and ran off, through the house and out the back door. You stopped in front of them as they headed down the street.

"Hey, I just wanted to say congratulations!" you said eagerly. Ash was confused, but smiled faintly. "Uh, thanks. Who are you?" Misty and Brock smiled at you. "Oh, I forgot. I'm (Y/N). The gym leader's sister that you battled back there," you explained, "No one's ever beaten my sister before!" "Wow, nice to meet you," Misty said before Ash could, "I'm Misty." "I'm Ash and this is Brock," Ash said pointing a thumb at Brock, who had a dumbfounded, drooling, slightly red face, "huh?" Misty let out on annoyed sigh, and you stood there uncomfortably, realizing what he was drooling at. "Um, h-hello...," you said meekly and gave a small wave with a nervous smile. "I'm Brock~," he said, the tone in his voice making him look stupid, "You're very pretty..."

You gave a somewhat angry, disgusted face at his compliment and hit him as hard as you could – not a slap, but a flat out punch in the face. "OW!" Brock snapped out of his daze, rubbing the bump on his head. Ash and Misty laughed. "Anyway," you said chuckling rather nervously, "I was wondering if I could tag along with you guys. You seem interesting, and a lot less boring than my sister," you snickered at your own comment, "Do you mind?" "Sure, you could tag along," Ash said happily, glad to have made a new friend. "We don't mind!" Misty added. "Gee, thanks!"

And so, you tagged along with them, on your journey, happy that they had said yes. You were excited to go on adventures with your new friends. But the thought didn't occur to you that you might swoon for your friends' enemy, whom you had yet to meet.