Raven Cheney

Raven was 10 years old the first time she ran away.

At the time, she wasn't even Raven Cheney. She was Stacy Winters, the youngest daughter of the wealthy and popular Winters family.

From birth she was seen as a disturbance, something that shouldn't even exist. Although her mother and father both had blonde hair, purple eyes, and were from the half human half cat species, her twin brother Samuel and Raven had black hair, heterochromatic eyes of purple and red. Their only difference being that Samuel somehow ended up human and Raven being a hybrid between a cat and a demon.

Doctors assumed there was a gene failure or malfunction, but as her father and mother later found out, that wasn't the case at all. What really happened was that her mother had an affair one night, and became pregnant with that man's children.

Her father was infuriated and put Samuel up for adoption as fast as he could. But before he could, Raven changed the paperwork to say his name was Robin, the name of his favorite bird. Their father attempted to do the same with Raven, but was talked out of it by her mother who suggested making her do all the house hold chores and anything else they so choose.

"We would no longer need to pay for a maid," she would say, her british accent thick. "Nor a butler or a chief! We would save thousands, Jadian! While our children go out and make us even richer, the bastard will stay here and be our maid, our butler, and our chief. The media will never know of her, nor that she's related to us at all. Her parents begged us to let her work! We could say. It is their only way to afford to put their daughter through college! Oh Tom, we would be rich and generous!"

And so her sad childhood began as if she herself was the maiden Cinderella. She cooked, cleaned, and took care of any odd tasks she was given.

One of which being to clean up all the blood after her parent's fought.

Raven was always a very curious girl, with a strong learning ability. Although she was only given the ability to learn what was deemed important for her daily tasks and unoften conversations, she would always find time to sneak into the large library the mansion held and teach herself many things, from history to math to Latin she greedily absorbed it all.

Raven never even realised she was being treated wrong until she started reading adventure and family oriented books. The families depicted in those stories where happy and loved each other very much. They ate dinner together, the mother read child fairy tales as she tucked them into their cozy beds, and the children were treated kindly. They got toys and where never kicked to the floor and made bleed. They where treated good. They where treated as Raven soon realised was the norm.

In the stories the character's lives always got better after leaving home, so she did just that. At age ten Raven packed her few amount of clothes and her favorite books into a stolen bag from her mother's room and took off.

Five days later she was found in the woods living off stream water and fish she'd caught with a hand made fishing road.

Her mother and father were over joyed when they found her! They kissed her all over, hugged her so tight she thought her eyes would pop out. Her mother even cried tears of joy.

Her plan worked, she would finally be treated right! If only that where true.

"How dare you dishonor my family like that! How fucking dare you embarrass me like that!" Her father screamed, harshly shoving the girl too the hard, cold floor. She let out a yelp of both surprise and pain. She reached up and gently placed her fingers to her lip. Her fingers had blood on them. She must have bit her lip when she fell. He walked to her, his fist raising at the sight of the blood dripping to the ground.

"Dammed bitch! I'll kill-"

"Darling please," her mother interrupted with a voice like silk. "Don't kill her yet, we still need her. Don't you remember our plans?" She leaned in and whispered something that made his, previously anger filled, sneer, into a large grin.

From that day on her life only got harder in that big house. When the books in her stolen bag where discovered she was beaten harshly and the library became locked at all time, the only key to be kept with the guard who watched over the double doors at all times.

The only books she could read now was her two favorites that she hid in her room at an earlier date. Although she'd read them seemingly a million times over, it still filled her with joy to read and reread the adventures tales of young heros.

She loved those characters. She wanted to be those characters.

Raven didn't try to run away again, not until three years later.

She was supposed to be asleep, but with her three sisters and two brothers finally visiting all at the same time, she woke up in the very early morning, before even the rosters, to finish her chores and bake the surprise sweats. All for the purpose of having more time to make herself look as wonderful as possible.

But alas, on her way to the kitchen, is when she heard it.

"I can't believe you! You ruined our only chance at becoming partners with the Delehunty family! A royal bloody family! Don't you understand how much money we would get from selling her to them!?" Her father yelled angrily at her mother.

"Honey, please-"

"But then YOU had to fucking ruin it!" Raven, curious of what was going on, slowly creeped to her parent's bedroom and stole a glance through the crack between the door and the wall

What she saw threw the crack scarred her.

Her father's large hards where tightly around her mother's small, delicate neck. Her face was turning blue, she was kicking, yelling as best she could.

But alas, the only person watching and listening was the small bastard.

Her large eyes filled with tears, she covered her gaping mouth to disguise her gross sobs as she watched her mother's body go limp.

She turned and ran back to her room then filled her suitcase and took off as fast as her little legs could carry her.

This time, she wasn't found. But as her money ran out a few years later and with no hope of getting a job at her age, the fifteen year old put herself into foster care after changing her name to Raven Cheney.

She got picked up by a few different homes, but the one that she finally stayed with was the house of a middle aged man. He liked to drink and had Raven do all the house work, but he was a very kind man and Raven was happy to do the house work for him.

Raven got enrolled in school as fast as she could, soon discovering her passion for writing.

At the age of eighteen she met a tall, mysterious, yet sweet and artistic boy named Ben, who introduced her to a girl named Lucie and another boy named Chris. The four became fast friends.

Now, at age twenty, she's enrolled into a college for creative writing, is dating Ben, and is on the search for her real father and her twin brother Robin.

And although she gets bullied at her school, she's happy.

After all, they couldn't do anything worse then her parents had in her younger years.

-----------------

1.3k words?! Wow, that's a lot! Anyways, for those wondering the song being played is 'Shounen Brave' a vocaloid song created by Jin.

Anyways, (again) hooray for the first oc not even being the first one on my list lol, I got too excited since Raven is very close to being my favorite oc. Plus I just felt her story is a good starting point.

I hope you enjoyed it! My instagram where you can rp with this character is @_unwxnted.xcs_