ALTERNATIVE ENDING

no final author note because it would be very depressing and i don't want that (also, i ended up making this bigger than the sad one lmao)

2 YEARS LATER

ash: bitch open the fucking door

calum: wHAT you're already here?

ash: yeah

calum: okay okay wait a sec

calum: luke is asleep he still doesn't know you came to see him earlier

ash: okay :P open the door!!

calum: i can't believe i have been lying to my best friend to get the key

ash: yeah yeah how sad is that open the door i want to see my boyfriend

calum: geez calm down

ash: you're gonna put up with me for the next few years cunt rESPECT ME I AM YOUR BOSS

ash: also, michael is at our apartment already so you might want to go before he falls asleep

calum: 'i'm straight' michael said

calum: 'i fucking love you calum' michael said a few months later

He heard footsteps and Calum was suddenly in front of him. Ashton smiled at him and hugged him, entering the house his boyfriend of two years lived in. He walked slowly to Luke's room, recognizing every corner fo the house because of the amount of time he had seen it in video calls.

Luke's parents knew Ashton was going, of course they knew. He couldn't juust show up at their house without a warning so he had the courtesy to send a message to Luke's mom on facebook and they settled everything, which explains why there was a box of condoms near Luke's room and the house was empty. It was night so Ashton suspected they wouldn't be there for a day or so.

He waved to Calum, who was leaving Luke's house to go to meet up with Michael and opened the bedroom door. His boyfriend was laying under the covers, his knees pulled to his chest which made him look like a little kid.

It was the first time he would see Luke in person and he never thought that he would be even more beautiful in person. His blond hair fell on his forehead and his blue eyes were closed. Ashton went to Luke's bathroom and got dressed in the pijamas he had brought with him. He came out of the bathroom and looked around the room, seeing Ashton's many letters and a picture of him on Luke's desk.

Luke's bed was against the wall and Ashton shook him, smiling when the eighteen year old groaned.

"Fuck of Calum, you know I'm sad because Ashton hasn't been replying." Luke said and Ashton felt his heart flutter, his voice sounded so much better in person.

"Well, that's a shame. He's an asshole." he said and Luke opened his eyes.

Next thing he knew Luke was hugging him and they had fell on the floor. Luke had started crying on Ashton's should and whispering thing like ''you're here'' and ''it's you''. Ashton held him in his arms (finally) and smiled at his boyfriend, laying him on the bed and being on top of him while the teary-eyed boy held onto him like a koala.

"Calm down baby bear, I'm here and I love you a lot."

"What are you doing here?! I'm so happy, oh God Ashton I love you so much." Luke said, kissing Ashton's forehead.

"I was accepted in the university, here in Boston."

"Y-You were? You told me you had got rejected!"

"Oops?" Ashton said, laughing when his boyfriend plyafully hit him "I wanted to surprise you, and here I am. All your for the next years. Calum helped me so please don't hurt him."

Luke smiled and leaned in, kissing Ashton on the lips. the curly-haired boy had imagined this moment for years, the moment where he and Luke would finally kiss and be with each other. He always imagined in something cute and romantic like a park, maybe a movie teather - but tangled in Luke's sheets at 2 AM was definitly better.

"I love you." Luke said, pecking Ashton's lips "I love you, I love you, I fucking love you!"

Ashton bumped his cold nose against Luke's.

"I love you too, baby bear."

-ana rita (moony)