Chapter 2

I walked where Connor waited, standing underneath the tree that we took a hold of since freshman year. I halted before walking over to him. Allistor was there, talking to Connor. They knew each other? It didn't seem like either of them were having fun. They both wore serious expressions, and seemed emersed in a deep conversation. 

 I contemplated just ducking away, and leaving them alone, when Connor glanced in my direction. He smiled at me, and waved, wanting me to come over. I felt tension brewing in the air as I walked over to the boys. I shook off that feeling. I probably just feel baffled that they know each other. Yeah, that must be it.  

 I stood next to the Connor, smiling. "Hey," I greeted. I looked between the two guys. Connor looked relaxed, as usual, and Allistor seemed a bit tensed. "You two know each other?" I asked.

 "Yeah, Al and I go waay back," Connor replied. "Though he moved, and now he's back, right?" 

 "Yep. Glad to see that I sit next to Con's new best friend," Allistor teased, the tension instantly leaving him.

 I smiled. "Well, I'm going to go get some lunch. Watch my shit," I say and drop my bag at Connor's feet, and walk off.

 Because of the long lines, it takes me forever to get the crappy takeout box that has noodles in it, as part of an "international lunch" thing we have going on here. I eat as I walk, scarfing down most of the noodles by the time I get back. By that time, Connor and Allistor have made themselves comfortable sitting underneath the tree. I plop down on my bag. 

 Connor puts his hand out, indicating me to hand over the takeout box. "No way," I say, holding the box away from him. "I didn't eat anything all day."  

 He wriggles his fingers with a grin on his face. "Come oooon, we always share," he said.

 Allistor laughs. "Don't give it to him. You aren't supposed to feed animals," he said with a twinge of sarcasm in his voice.

 We talk for a bit about how school is going, and how we can't stay up late anymore and all that. Though both are smiling, I can't help but feel some sort of bad feeling. It's like dread settled itself in my stomach. Why do I feel like this? Everything's completely normal, and that shouldn't be a problem.

 As I felt the dread settle, I realized Allistor was trying to talk to me. I focus my stare onto him. "You okay?" He asked.

 I put a smile on my face. "Uh yeah," I say, as I get up. "I'll be back."

 I go and walk into the girl's bathroom, which I hate so much. It always smells like weed and it's overwhelming. I guess that's what you get when you live in some bad part of Northern California. I just stand in there, fixing my hair in the mirror that has graffiti written all along the edges. I started fixing my bangs until the dread left me. What was it about those two that makes me feel so. . . strange? Maybe it's because it's always been just Connor and I, and now there's Allistor? I don't know. 

 Feeling better, I walked back to them, and I got that sense again. I shrugged it off this time. I came back, and dug through my bag. "So, then like, the girl and the guy actually fight and stuff," is what I heard from Connor. 

 I snapped my head towards him. That sounded a little like my dream that I had last night! "Wait wait wait what're you guys talking about?"

 Allistor looked at me. "A chapter of Naruto that Connor finally read," he said not skipping a beat.

 I knew that had to be a lie. Conner HATES Naruto. I raised an eyebrow. "Really? What chapter?"

 Conner thought for a moment. "I dunno. That one where that long haired girl is fighting that guy with those weird peircings."

 "Riggght," I say, and think. He's got me there, that actually was a real chapter. I decided to let it go.

 Lunch ended and I walked to my fourth period. Then to my fifth period. And finally, to sixth period, where I had Allistor in my class again. I smiled at him, and took a seat next to him.

 The teacher, a middle-aged woman droned on about how our first unit will be elegiac poems, starting with works by Catullus. We were handed a packet of some of his works that will be used as references. I skimmed through most of them, and stopping at the last line of Catullus 101. I read it quietly out loud. 

 "'And forever, brother, hail and farewell'." My mind wandered for a minute. I thought of of how that would look in a scene. I thought it would have been normal, but. . .  I thought of angels. I saw two of them, both boys. I didn't know where that came from, but I put it aside as the teacher started droning on again.

 I made my way home, tired of school already. I really didn't feel like doing anything after school. I just went up to my room and listened to music as I doodled. I couldn't wait for the weekend already. Connor and I usually do something fun or entertaining on the weekend, or I would hang out with James for some bonding time.

 I gently fall asleep to the sound of my ipod on repeat.