Chapter 15 - The Chamber of Secrets

The next night,

Tonight was a rather boring night. Ginny was out doing something and Daniel was nowhere I could see. I assumed he was already asleep. He looked really tired during the day with deep bags under his eyes. Hermione was obviously unavailable and Harry and Ron were pretty much ignoring me. So I was doing something I do a lot of nowadays - watching the Map. I was getting bored, but things were about to get much more exciting.

Harry and Ron were out again. I grabbed my coat and ran out of the dormitory, into the common room, out of the common room and straight into Harry and Ron. I bumped into them and they screamed.

"Shut up, you idiot! You'll wake someone up!" I told them.

"What the hell are you doing?" Ron asked.

"Finding you," I answered.

"Why?" Harry asked curiously.

"It's Ginny. She's gone," I said. That wasn't the real reason why I came, I just wanted to see what they were doing. But it was true that Ginny had been gone for a while...

"Gone where?" Ron asked.

"I don't know. She said she was going to the loo, but she's been gone for almost an hour," I told the boys.

Ron started laughing. I could almost read his mind - he was thinking that Ginny had spent that long on the toilet.

"Ron!" Both me and Harry yelled at him.

"Sorry," Ron said quietly. All of a sudden Professor McGonagall's booming voice came into our ears,

"All students are to return to their common rooms immediately! All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately!" My heart started pounding...something was wrong.

"Something's not right..." I said anxiously, "Let's go back to the common room,"

"No! Come on! Miranda, you come with us. Ginny's your best friend right?" Harry asked me. I bit my lip.

"Who said anything about Ginny?" I asked in reply to Harry. "We're supposed to go back to the common room,"

"Well, shouldn't we look for her?" Ron answered, "We were supposed to go back to the common room last year, but we looked for Hermione instead. She was being cornered by a troll..."

"Hold on - I have a better idea. Let's go and see the teachers!" Harry said.

"If you think that's a good idea," Harry nodded and pulled Ron and I under the cloak. It was a strange feeling, my vision was slightly blurred and when I looked down at myself, I wasn't there. We began to walk to the staffroom. Even with our slow shuffling under the cloak, we still reached the staff room in good time. Harry led us through the open door.

"Where do we go?" I asked, whispering.

"In here," Harry walked into an old wardrobe filled with teacher's robes.

"Ugh. These stink!" Ron said. I chuckled but we all shut up when we heard McGonagall's voice.

"Everyone to the sixth floor. I hate to say it, but our worst nightmare has come true," Harry watched through the small crack in the wardrobe doors as McGonagall led the teachers out of the room. Once it was all clear, we hopped out of our hiding spot. Harry led the way. After climbing a few staircases we reached the sixth floor. All of the teachers stood in front of a wall. I guessed that there was perhaps another message written there.

"Oh my!" Professor Flitwick said, sounding a little faint.

"Which student has been taken into the chamber?" Snape asked. A shiver ran down my spine. Taken into the chamber? I thought the petrifications were bad enough.