A Wedding

Celeste's Point of view

Holy shit! My wedding day had finally arrived. To say I was nervous would be an absolute understatement but where there is nerves, there is also a tonne of excitement. 

I was woken from my sleep by a loud knock on my hotel room door. Josh and I had decided to be traditional and not see each other before the wedding so I was stay in an expensive hotel suite without him. If I'm honest, it was hard to sleep because I wasn't able to cuddle up to him, so I'm really going to be running on coffee and adrenaline today. 

I got up from the bed and opened the door. In marched my bridal party. I was a little annoyed that they just barged in, but then I looked at the time. We were already slightly behind schedule. We knew we could make up the time but we  couldn't delay anymore. 

I was to excited to eat breakfast so we saved plenty of time there and next thing I knew I was being sat down in a chair getting my makeup and hair done. It wasn't until I looked at myself in the mirror once the stylists were  done that it kicked in; I was getting married today and was about to put my dress on. 

I got up from my chair and went into another room to get changed. I had to sit down for a second to take in what I was doing. I could barely believe it as I repeated the words 'You're finally marrying Josh today' in my head. I could barely keep in my excitement and had to wipe a few tears away and try to to smudge my makeup, it was that overwhelming. 

I put my dress on and  then slipped into my shoes. I walked back into the room where my bridesmaids were slipping on their dresses and they all stopped when they noticed me enter.

"Holy shit! You look amazing!" Mavis says and my mother glares at her for her language, causing me to chuckle a bit. 

Everyone is quick to admire how I look but I soon remind them to hurry up so we aren't late. There's a difference between fashionably late and just plain late. Once everyone is ready, we get a bunch of photos taken and head out to the cars to head to the venue.

Josh and I decided we didn't want to get married in a church so we chose a nice venue with lots of trees and flowers. My parents were the only ones to protest, the kept telling me that they always saw their eldest daughter getting married in a church to a man with a stable 9 to 5 office  job. Well that's not what they got and I'm not going to apologise. I love Josh more than anything in this universe.

We get to the venue and my nerves start to hit the fan. I'm not scared of the commitment and there is no doubt in my mind that I want to spend my whole life with Josh, I'm really just worried about embarrassing myself. I guess that's pretty silly though. 

First, my flower girl walks down the isle, tossing flower petals gently. Then, my bridesmaids walk down and next thing I know my dad is taking my arm and we begin to walk down the aisle. 

I take one look at Josh and nearly start bawling my eyes out. I wanted to run down the aisle but I knew that would only heighten the chances of me falling on my face. My father and I finally made it down the aisle and the ceremony began.

I just wanted it to be official already but it seemed to carry on forever. However, when it was over I wanted it to replay a thousand times. 

It was a 40 minute drive to the reception and Josh and I travelled in a limousine together, taking advantage of some time alone before we are bombarded with people wishing us well for our marriage. 

"I can't believe I'm actually your wife now." I smile, resting my head on Josh's shoulder.

"I know, it's crazy." He exhales. "A good type of crazy though."

"I'll probably say this a thousand times tonight, but I love you so much Mr Brozzesi." 

"I love you too Mrs Brozzesi." 

"Gosh, that has a nice ring to it."

The rest of the car ride was almost silent. I just wanted to take in the events of that day. 

The reception was busy from the word go. It wasn't until dinner was served that Josh and I could stop talking to people. The bad thing about having lots of family is that when they all come to personally congratulate you one by one, it never seems to end. 

_____

Josh pulled me into his arms and I rested my arms on top of his shoulders. We both danced along to the slow music, smiling at each other through the blur of the reception. Once we had finished our first dance as husband and wife, we went and sat back down at our table.. I was still exhausted from the night before. 

About a minute or so later, Ini came over and pulled us to the side. He seemed to have something important to say.

"So, I wanted to ask you guys a massive favour." He began, instantly intriguing Josh and I.  "I know it is your big day, but I've been trying to find the right time to ask Morgan to marry me for about a week now and tonight really seems like the night. I understand if you say no, but I was wondering if you would mind if I pulled her aside and asked her."

I covered my mouth as I smiled and there was no way I was saying no. I know they had both wanted to get engaged for ages and I wasn't going to make them wait any longer. "Go ahead, I appreciate you asking. I know how much you both want this and I'd be happy to donate a bit of time from my big day to help you guys out."

A big grin forms on Ini's face as he thanks us. "Well, it looks like this is it." He says before turning around to go drag Morgan aside to ask her 'the question'.