eight

I woke up, turning my head  towards the clock. It was 11 o'clock in the morning, I slept in due to me tossing and turning for half of the night. My mind was racing, I kept replaying the events of that day. Me beating the crap out of Isabella, Harry giving me that long speech...

As much as I enjoyed but hated school, I was glad I was out for the week. My mother was still angry with me but I could tell the anger was dying down, she was never the one to hold a grudge. I walked downstairs to see my mother making chocolate chip-pancakes and bacon, my favorite.

''Mom? Why aren't you at work?" I questioned,

''They told me I could skip work today, the conditions outside are just nasty.'' I just nodded, knowing that school may have been called off today as well.

''So how did you sleep last night?"

''Good actually,'' I surprisingly did not have any nightmares last night, which I was thankful for.  I looked out the window, my eyes widening at the sight. The driveway and front yard was covered in snow, and no doubt that underneath all of that snow was ice.

After a minute of silence, my mother spoke up again. ''Elvis wants to take me out a bit tonight. Go see a movie or something, the news said the roads would be clear by then so I said why the hell not?" She grinned, focusing on the pancake in front of her. I smiled even though my mom couldn't see me, I was glad that he made her happy. When they went on that dinner date a week ago, she couldn't stop smiling. I knew she had an amazing time. Yes, at first I didn't approve. I thought Elvis would try to replace my dad's title, but I knew that was not his intentions.

''What movie?" I asked

''I don't know actually, hopefully it'll be a good one. I don't want to drool all over him if I fall asleep in the middle of it.''

I burst out laughing, shaking my head. ''Mom, I swear...''

The rest of the morning went by quickly, the events of yesterday forgotten. I was glad that my mother didn't argue with me any further yesterday. My guilt ate away at me, obviously wondering what people at school were saying about me. But the bitch did deserve it, and I hoped everyone else thought that as well.

...........

My mom quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt over her tank top. She was speeding to get ready for the movies, but I reassured her for the fifth time that she looks fine, that she is not under-dressed.

''Mom! You look fine! Now leave!" I push her out, locking the door behind me. Finally, I was home alone. I should be working on the homework I got today in the mail, but I shrugged it off. I knew I would do it sooner or later, but right now I just wanted to relax. I turned on my radio, listening to the new pop station. The song Roar by Katy Perry comes on. I rolled my eyes, knowing they overplay that song way too much but I sang along with the lyrics, jumping up and down with the beat of the song.

About two hours passed by, me being bored outta my damn mind before I heard my phone ring.

Harry's POV.

My thoughts kept drifting off, no matter what I thought about, my thoughts kept going back to Mickey. How did she manage to beat the hell out of a girl like Isabella? I knew she had told me before that she'd taken some self defense classes, but damn. I knew she had a bad past, it was a touchy subject for Mickey.

A few seconds passed before a pounding on the door snapped me out my thoughts.

''Harry!" I heard a voice scream, when I recognized it was Mickey's. My heart started to race.

''Mickey? What's wrong?" I took one look at her, she looked like a mess. Her eyes were puffed up, makeup smeared everywhere. Worry and sadness  plastered on her face. What the hell happened?

''It's my mom.. and your dad.'' I froze right in my spot.

''Mickey.. What happened?'; I didn't want to know what happened, but I had to. If something happened to my dad..

She took a breath, ''They...'' She stopped, disbelief clear on her face.

I lifted her chin so she could make eye contact with me.

''They got into a car accident.'' She whispered.