𝟎𝟏. 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒

DECEMBER 19 . . .
12:30 p.m

"Oh, Valerie!" Roni singsongs happily as she walks up to her. "Six more days then it's Christmas!" She cheers, nudging Valerie a little bit to get her attention.

Valerie shakes her head out of her thoughts, looking at her best friend in confusion. "What?"

Roni rolls her eyes, "You never listen to me." She spat playfully, crossing her arms against her chest. "What's got your head in the clouds anyways." She chuckles.

"N-Nothing. No one." Valerie shakes her head rapidly, "I was just lost in thought, I guess." She smiles softly, hoping her best friend would change the subject already.

"Uh-huh, so who is it?" Roni asks, a smirk growing on her face.

"Who's what?" Valerie asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Seriously, Valerie? Do you have to make me force it out of you?" Roni chuckles. "Who's the guy that's getting all of your attention?"

"Um," Valerie clears her throat, scratching the back of her neck, "it's Tom." She answers hesitantly.

"Tom? As in Tom Holland?" Roni asks in surprise, her eyes widening. She shakes her head, "I should've known." She laughs lightly.

"And what's that suppose to mean?" Valerie asks taken back.

"Well I mean, it's kind of obvious now that I think about it. Every time we pass by him and his friend you get all choked up."

"I do not!" Valerie defends herself as her voice raises a bit higher.

"Yes, you do," Roni laughs, "and you know it. Your voice gets high when you're in denial, Val."

"My voice-" Valerie clears her throat, knowing she was right, "My voice does not get high when I'm in denial." She says as she tries to speak lower.

"Whatever you say." Roni raises her hands in defense. "Have you even talked to Tom at all this year?"

"Y-Yeah." Valerie says thinking about it.

"Oh, yeah. What did you say to him?"

"I said... thank you to him, once." Valerie shrugs as if it was something.

"What a good conversation, Val. I'm pretty sure he'll remember that forever." Roni says sarcastically, shaking her head. "How long did you have this crush for?"

"Maybe three, four, or five..." Valerie mumbles in embarrassment as she covers her face with her hands.

"Three, four, or five what? Days, weeks, months, years?" Roni presses.

"Months?" Valerie mumbles with her face still covered.

"Val, you know I can't hear you when you have your face all covered." Roni tells her.

Valerie uncovers her face, sighing, "Months. I said months, okay?" She mutters, her cheeks growing red.

"Oh my gosh! Are you going to tell him?"