R- Rings

Rings ("Calm down Sammy, it's only Clary's mom's wedding")

When the alternative was snuggling in bed with Magnus, Alec really didn't want to answer the door. But when your all-powerful boyfriend magically threatens you with turning your hair pink, you're generally the one who has to get up and open the door.

Sleepily Alec pulled on his underwear and a pair of jeans left discarded on the floor and padded to the main room, which still looked the same seeing as Magnus was currently being lazy. He opened the door, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand and yawning.

He blinked. Simon stood in the doorway, wearing jeans and a red t-shirt that said DICE OF VICE on it. Alec didn't get it.

"Um, hi." Simon said awkwardly, acknowledging by the shirtless and generally rumpled Alec he'd woken them up.

Alec yawned again. "Hi?"

Simon tried again. "I've lost something really important here last night, can I have a look for it?"

The older boy shrugged and let him in, closing the door behind him. "What did you lose?"

"A little velvet box with a couple of rings inside, for Jocelyn and Luke's wedding."

Alec nodded again, then frowned. "Isn't that in like, a few hours?"

Simon nodded. "Hence the urgent tone."

"Whatever." Alec yawned. "I'm going to have a shower. If you're going to go in there," he gestured at the closed door of the master bedroom, "you might want to knock first as a warning and wait for a while."

Simon pulled a face.

Alec opened the bedroom door a crack and stuck his head through. "Advance warning, Simon's looking for the wedding rings or something in there and I told him to knock if he's coming in. I'm having a shower."

Magnus made an unintelligible sound.

"Please put some clothes on if you're leaving this room." Alec added as a second thought before leaving.

Magnus snapped his fingers and reached out for the peach silk robe that had just appeared. He tied it around himself and lay face-down on the bed.

Some time later there was a tap on the door.

"One second!" Magnus called, grimacing at his husky morning voice. He sat on the bed elegantly and snapped a coffee into his hands. He grabbed his reading glasses from the bedside table and a random book of Alec's and tried to look intellectual. (A/N: I have a headcannon that Magnus sometimes wears glasses and that Alec finds them incredibly sexy just saying okay bye) "You may enter." He called.

Simon awkwardly came in. "Um, hi. Can I have a quick look in here?"

Magnus waved his hand graciously. "If you must." He took a sip of his coffee and winced as it burnt his tongue.

"Crap crap crap crap crap stupid crap stupid stupid." Simon was muttering around the room, looking panicky.

Magnus yawned. "Calm down Sammy, it's only Clary's mom's wedding."

Simon looked at him murderously. "It's Simon." He said through gritted teeth, "and the wedding is in a few hours and I've lost the rings. I will not calm down."

Magnus rolled his eyes. "Vampires are so melodramatic."

Simon glared at him. "If you want to turn up to this wedding then I suggest you help me find these rings, because I will persuade you with my melodramatic vampire encanto to tie yourself up and stay here alone."