Chapter 8: The Darkness from the Heart

~Raynor~
  "Raynor! What happened!" I heard Eryx running.

  "Seems like the dark magic has taken over her." I said. "She didn't get her medicine at the right time yesterday. Daphne's and Michael's families aren't here, and everyone else is busy."

  "I'll call them." He said. "Stay here in case anything else happens."

  ~~~
  The dark magic lifted her up in the air, turning her pale.

  "Noelle! Can you hear me?!" I yelled, but she didn't answer. Eryx came running with my parents and Noelle's grandmother.

  "I don't know what we can do." Noelle's grandmother said. "Her magic is very powerful, and if all of that changes into dark magic, it can't be stopped."

  "Then we have to find a cure now!" Eryx said, holding up a barrier to protect us from any blasts of dark magic. I noticed Noelle's staff on the ground. I picked it up.

  "Eryx, take down the barrier."

  "What? But the dark magic is already beginning to attack us!"

  "I might know a way." I said.

  "Don't tell me, you're going to use Noelle's staff! It's extremely dangerous to perform magic with someone else's staff!" Mother warned.

  "This may be the only way." I said. "Noelle can purify. The staff had already used purification before, so it has the purifying ability. If I can harness it, it may purify the dark energy."

  "But half of your magic will drain! It will take almost a week to get recover!" Father exclaimed.

  "If it's for Noelle, I have to do it." Eryx let down the barrier. I held Noelle's staff in front of me.

  Noelle, I don't know if you can hear my thoughts right now, but I'll just say this - it's going to be okay. And if this method doesn't work and you're gone forever, I'll just let you know now that I will still love you, okay?

  I traced the purification glyph with her staff, sending it towards her. I forced all my energy to her, and the dark magic began to turn white, which eventually exploded and disappeared. I fell on my knees. Noelle slowly lowered down to the ground. She was unconscious, but she was breathing. I fell backwards, and everything turned black.

  "Raynor?!"