Special Chapter: Bound

Helloooo! Recently, "The Academy of Magical Arts Book 2: A New Life" hit 1K! It's not as big compared to my other book, but I thank you all so much for reading it!

Without further a do, here's a special chapter!

~Noelina~
"But do I really have to?" I said. "I'm not that interested at the moment."

"Noelina, I'm sure you're aware that I will not be the queen forever." Grandmother reminded. "Eventually, you're gonna have to rule the province as queen, with a king by your side as well."

"But does that have to be decided now?" I asked. "My coming of age ceremony was only four years ago."

"Trust me, I was already planning a marriage when your mother turned eighteen." Grandmother said. "She was against it too, but she never regret it."

  I sighed as I stared at the piece of paper with the names of many possible marriage candidates. I had only glanced at it once, and stared at a familiar name.

  "Eryx Cadwell...?" I said as I spotted his name on the list. "Didn't I tell you I just wanted to stay friends?"

  "In my opinion, he's probably one of the most eligible candidates." Grandmother said. "He's the first son of Elijah Cadwell, who owns a very well known business. He understands politics and can handle issues easily. He is very resourceful and could tend to the province's problems very well. I don't see why he wouldn't be a good king." 

  "But Grandmother, he's my friend." I said.

  "At least, I don't think that's what he thinks." She replied.

  My face turns red as a memory of him from four years ago flashed in my mind.

"No matter what he says or does, I'll steal you away."

"I don't want to give you up, Noelle. So I'll do whatever it takes."

  I couldn't forget his confession. He's my childhood friend, and I couldn't believe he'd want to be in a relationship with his childhood friend either. Even if she was queen, Grandmother can be a little mischievous sometimes.

  I scanned the list of candidates once more, looking for a certain someone's name.

  'Why isn't his name on here?' I looked over the list multiple times, sure enough, the name wasn't on the list.

  "If you're looking for Raynor, he's not on the list." Grandmother said.

  "Eh- why?" I asked. "You said before that Raynor was a good choice."

  "He is." Grandmother said. "But since he's a prince, you'd be a candidate on his list. If you marry him, you'd be going to live with him, and rule the Province of Light together. Melody would have to become the next queen."

  "...makes sense."

  "We haven't visited his family in a while." Grandmother said. "Do you think he'd still have you as a candidate?"

  She does have a point- I haven't seen him in three years. He probably would have found other, or better candidates than myself.

Sighing, I stared at the list as I lied on my bed. How could I possibly marry someone now, having only turned 22?