Chapter 2: The bunker

(We've been walking for some time now.)

Wow, my hand hurts, but its probably because I blasted a bolt of raw energy outa my hand and killed that mons--Dr'auger, as they said it was. Anywho, it seems that we're in the city now. But when I look around, all I see is people staring at me with faces of terror. Why tho? It seems we're getting close to our destination because, they are securing the area.

"Check all corners and make sure that theres no dr'augers out and about" said the person they called Sir.

"Clear" the others say after the checked the area.

"What is you name might I ask?" I said to the commander.

"Trent victoria, you?" He replied.

His name sounds so different then mine. What should I say? If I told him my real name he wouldnt belive me and he'd have me executed.

"Derick travis, Um.. sir?" I replied, wondering if i had the right to say that.

"Well, hello there derick, its been a long time since theres been a deadman around here, we've been needing one for a while now because the dr'augers are becoming deadly and restless.

"Wait... Did he just say Dead man? Like, "the" deadman?" I thought. I start to ponder on that thought. "Well, I know it isn't much, but it'll keep you safe for a while atleast, until  you're rested that is." said trent.
"O-ok." I replied, as I walked into a room with two beds, and for some reason, there was a girl... "H-hi.." i said quietly. "So, you're my new bunk-mate I'm guessing?" said the girl I had just met. Wait, whats a "bunk-mate?"
"a bunkmate is when you sleep in the same room as someone in beds that are stacked." she said, almost like she had read my mind... "did you just re--", "no you imbisile, i can tell because you were looking a little confused as to what that was." said the girl, before I could even finish.

"Listen bud, ur "my" bunk-mate, which means, "my" rules. You wake me up, you're getting smacked upside the head. Got it?" she said, in a very demanding tone. I had only nodded and checked my stuff I was given by some guy with a gun. Why was there a ring in in a seperate box? Oh well...