The new man

Absent I stare at the row of grapes. What does Mrs. Hudson think? She can't punish me with this ration. In this way I look like an infant. I've allegedly misbehave and I have to realize my mistakes. I take a grape, although I dissuaded me, and I nibble twice. I'm too lazy to move my mouth more. Whatever she says, I don't go to the store again. My agoraphobia has become worse. Thereby I hate myself sometimes, but at times it is a perfect excuse to stay away from noisy situations. So, I can solve my cases easily. Unwillingly I stuff my mouth with the rest of the grapes. Pff, they aren't even tasty.

After the 'exstensive' meal I walk again to the wall. There hang all kinds of images that can help me with the case, but examine the cadaver is more instructive in real life. I plan for myself an appointment to visit the cadaver. Within two months I will be ready, I think. While I am looking at the pictures I hear Mrs. Hudson is walking upstairs. Her little heels create a symphonic sound. Quickly I take my violin and I feign I am composing. She always fancies my music. I scribble some notes on paper and I turn around.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Hudson. Will you interrupt me again, when I have fabulous ideas?" I pretend that I find it terribly, but secretly I love her company. She thinks I don't, but I actually do. She always companies me to tease me. If I should know all people, I hadn't agoraphobia anymore. Then I should love to walk across the street, with a piece of mind.

Sometimes I need a mate, who can let me travers the whole city, while I don't see through the reality.

"Are you composing, Sherlock? Let's hear." She asks politely. She doesn't wait for my answer and she settles down in the seat.

"If I do not have to go to the store." I try.

"Both." She replies. I sigh and I give a mini performance. She applauds and she throws a bag to me. "And now to the store."

Sighing and displeased I stroll to the greengrocery. The store is too crowded, so I stay outside and I observe people. This is the moment when a lot of people walk outside and Mrs. Hudson dare to dismiss me. At last I dare to enter the store and I bought two kilos of apples and two kilos of grapes. Whew, paid and now get out quickly. Swiftly I collide a child. When he gets up, I see he is an adult man. That's what happens when you are one of the biggest people in the city of London. I can't get the words out and I mumble: "Sorry."

"You are thé Sherlock Holmes?" Still in shock I look at him. My hands shake very hard. He know. I have to turn away my eyes of him. But how? Think of my violin, think of my violin.

"Do you know me?" I respond surprised.

"You often make headlines. You don't know?" He sounds worries about me. "You are in shock. I'll go with you home?" Non realizing what he says I nod. I stare at nothing special and I don't have to carry the bag. Actually it's not that bad. I don't know why I am anxious. The fact I want to go home, I talk to a stranger or because I thought he was a child. Now and then there is something wrong with me.

"Where do you live?" He asks when we are Baker Street already walked past. I've been a little calmer and I hope to be able to carry an adult conversation.

"Baker Street." He turns around and walks on, though he expects that I will follow him. "I always do a detour." I shout. He returns and he looks surprised. I know all the streets of the city of London, but I'm still petrified in my thoughts, I don't even know what a lamppost is. In this area it is a lot quieter and I can enter my mindpalace for a second. "Just walk back." Is the only thing I can say. Like it's a normal reaction, he goes to Baker Street.

After fifteen minutes we walk again together. Now and then our hands touch and the hairs in my arm stood up. Now and then I see him looking at me slyly. Now and then I stumble on my invisible shoelaces. I can sometimes be such a lout.

We have reached Baker Street and he opens the door. He goes first up the stairs and Mrs. Hudson follows last. "Sherlock is in shock."

"Sherlock, what have you done? I told you not to smell perfumes." She says to me. In Johns ear she whispers: "About perfumes he is very excited." I lie down at the seat and think. I think at nothing special, but I feign I organize something very important in my head.

"I have to observe what's going on. Sorry, I've forgotten to propose me. John Watson. Doctor and soldier." They shake hand immediately.

"Mrs. Hudson. I'm almost like an adaption mother for him. He can't do anything alone."

"Thank you," I mutter sarcastic. They should stop this conversation. It is like I am Shershock.

"However I have to sleep here for Sherlock."