The Ascension of Carissa

Ben's eyes flickered to life.

He looked around. explosions were blurred around his vision, as he watched lightning bolts blast around the area.. leaving a burning smell in his nose.

It took him a few seconds to realize that the lightning was coming from Mikoto's finger tips

"Whazzumatter?" Ben muttered, standing up like a groggy person just out of bed.

"BEN GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!" Mikoto screamed, diving onto Ben and pushing him away before a sword could take his head off.

"Who?" Ben muttered. "Oh right, I'm Ben.. wait.. what am I doing here!?"

Suddenly Mikoto screamed as the Knight Leader kicked her in the gut, and sent her tumbling to the ground.

"OH HELL NO!!!" Ben roared. The sudden action against his precious girl stirred him to life, and in a flash of green light, Eatle trampled over to the Knight Leader, ramming his horn against the hardened warrior's body, and sending him flying through a building.

Eatle panted  and rammed a fist into his palm. "Alright! I have no idea what the hell is going on! But nobody hits Mikoto unless they want a full out gore fest!!!"

The Knight Leader narrowed his eyes at Eatle as the alien stomped forward one step, the ground shaking from the impact of his foot.

Eatle charged forward, scraping his claws through the cobblestone and scooping up earth into his jaws..

As Eatle charged forward, his horn glowed and fired a massive green energy beam.

The Knight Leader blocked the blast.. sweating as he did so, The battle with the Wildheits had sapped much of his strength, and as a result,  Eatle was able to easily use his power to plow the Knight Leader into the ground with a booming energy shockwave.

As the Knight Leader lay in a crater, winded, Eatle stomped over to Mikoto, returning to human form in an instant.

"Mikoto!?" Ben stammered, helping Mikoto up who was coughing from the powerful kick.

"I-I'm fine.. I-I'm just glad you're okay.."Mikoto muttered. "Ben."

"Who?" Ben said, blinking.

Mikoto stared at Ben with confusion. "Ben? What's the matter?"

"I-is that my name?" Ben muttered.

Mikoto began to feel her blood freeze over. "H-hey.. Ben, this isn't funny..

Ben shook his head, his eyes wide. "Mikoto.. sorry, I'm just having a hard time getting my brain in gear, it's as if I'm loading up..

Ben couldn't finish his sentence. There was a sudden flash in his head..

For a second he was Ultimate Echo Echo.. covered in blood and rain, as he clutched the dead body of Lilith in his arms.

Ben's eyes widened with violent shock. He doubled over.

"BEN!" Mikoto stammered. "Come on.. We can't stay here, we need to get out of the open!! COME ON!!"

For some reason.. as Ben's memories began to crawl back into his head.. the most violent and painful ones had somehow become.. more... potent.

There was another flash.. Ben once more saw Mikoto bloody and beaten on the ground, with Impulser standing over her, cackling.

Ben gritted his teeth and shook his head, Mikoto was right, he needed to get a grip of himself.  But as the memories continued to seep into his head.. there was a sudden burst in his mind..