Chapter Thirteen

Later that day, Cecily came in to talk to Charlotte after the kids went to bed.

"So did you work things out?" Cecily asked. "Aiden looked very happy."

"Yes. We agreed to date each other and ease into a relationship." Charlotte told her.

"I'm glad. You guys are perfect for each other."

"I hope so." Charlotte admitted.

"So, now that you know where things stand, what are you going to do while you're waiting for him to come home?" Cecily asked.

"Live. Have fun with the kids."

"I have an idea." Cecily said.

"What?" Charlotte asked.

"I think it's time for you to get a new wardrobe and dress like the sexy wife you are."

"Cecily! There's nothing 'wrong' with my clothes." Charlotte walked over to her closet and held up the dress she wore the night she picked Aiden up at the airport. "Aiden thought I looked sexy in this."

"Mrs. Harrison told me some of your clothes were a little ratty looking."

Charlotte blushed. "The kids always got new clothes before I did. They always came first. I know I need to get new underwear and bras and things like that. But I know the rest of my clothes are basically good, especially my work clothes."

"Would you like to go shopping tomorrow? We could make a day of it...the mall, lunch, etc. We could be back before the kids are home."

"Thank you Cecily. I think that would be a lot of fun."

The next day, Charlotte put her kids on the bus to the high school and middle school and then she and Cecily put Gracie on the bus to elementary school. Then the ladies went to the mall. Cecily had to stop Charlotte from going directly to the clearance racks to look for things. "These are on Aiden. You don't have to shop like you used to."

"Wouldn't Aiden appreciate me being careful with his money?" She asked.

"To a point." Cecily said. "He would want you to buy what you want instead of what is cheapest. He would also want you feel good about what you're wearing. And I think he'd want you to feel like you're pretty, because you are very pretty and you deserve nice things.'

"It's hard for me to think I deserve something nice." Charlotte admitted. "When I was married before, my ex was horrible to me and I hung on for so long for the sake of the kids. We struggled together and then I struggled alone. I always made sure the kids looked good and had what they needed and put me last."

"Now we can make up for that." Cecily said and put her arm around her in a half hug. She brought her over to the dress department of Macy's and they had fun picking out dresses and suits for Charlotte. Cecily gasped when she saw Charlotte trying on a beautiful red dress.

"Nothing. You look stunning." Cecily told her honestly and she added "And red is Aiden's favorite color."

Charlotte blushed and said "I don't know where I'd wear it." She said, as it was a more formal dress.

"Get it. You'll be dressing up a lot more than you realize. You'll look so beautiful on Aiden's arm in that."

Charlotte and Cecily moved on to the lingerie department and they picked out lots of pretty undergarments for Charlotte. Charlotte found a rack with a set of lacy red panties and a matching bra.

"They'd be perfect under that red dress we're getting. And Aiden would flip if he ever saw you wear them." Charlotte blushed almost as red as the panties, but put them into the shopping cart.