Chapter Seventeen

The next morning, Aiden overslept and was woken up by his cell phone ringing.

"Hello?" He said sleepily.

"Hello Aiden." It was his assistant, Bridget. "You're late for a big meeting."

"Oh crap!" He said. "Tell them I'll be there as soon as I can. I overslept." Aiden jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. He used his electric razor and quickly freshened up and ran back into their bedroom and got dressed.

"I hate to leave you. I don't want to at all. But I have to go."

"I know. Do you want me to meet you later at the office?"

"That would be nice, but no. I'll call you when I figure it out. Get some rest. I think you're going to need it tonight." He said. He kissed her goodbye. He walked to the door of their bedroom and looked back at Charlotte. She was sitting up in bed with their sheet draped around her and her hair cascading down one naked shoulder. He smiled, knowing he'd remember that image forever, and then left.

He grabbed a cab and they drove quickly to the office. Bridget scolded him and he ran into his meeting.

Aiden apologized profusely for being late and started his meeting. Afterwards, he went to his office and checked on Charlotte.

"I'm so sorry." He told her.

"That's ok. You're here on business." She said.

"But it was our first night together. I hated running out on you." He admitted.

"You can make it up to me later." She teased him in a flirty voice.

"I intend to. So you'd better rest up." He told her. "Of course, I'm going to be thinking of you waiting for me, naked, back in our bed all day long."

"I hope you will be. I'm a hell of a lot more interesting than solar panels."

He laughed "And a hell of a lot sexier too." He said. They talked for a few more minutes and then he had to rush off for a lunch meeting. Charlotte got up and showered and went for a little walk and then came back to the hotel. She wanted to see a little of Central Park which was nearby. Aiden called her and told her later he was on his way back to the hotel. She said she'd be waiting for him.

He came into their suite and he walked into the bedroom. He was disappointed not to find her waiting for him in bed. He took his suit coat off and went into the bathroom and found her waiting for him in the huge tub. He laughed when he saw her. "You always seem to know exactly what I need." He said. He took his clothes off and got into the tub with her. He kissed her and she leaned him back against the tub and she washed him slowly from head to toe, kissing him and caressing him. It was relaxing and sensual and exactly what he needed after a long crazy day at his office. They sat there for a while talking and holding each other and then they got out. They dried each other off with the big fluffy towels and Aiden picked her up and carried her to the bed. He made love to her again. "I wanted this all day." He told her as he held her afterwards. "Me too." She admitted.

"Do you want to stay in and we could order room service, or would you like to go out to eat?" He asked.

"If we were anywhere else, I'd say let's stay in." Charlotte said. "But this is my first time in New York. I'd like to see a little more of it." She admitted. He laughed and he said he'd take her to dinner. They got dressed again and walked a few blocks to a restaurant that they thought looked nice. They were able to get a table and they had fun eating and talking and just being together. Aiden walked her by Central Park and took her for a carriage ride in Central Park. She loved it. He loved being with her too. Charlotte saw a little girl and she realized she hadn't checked in with Gracie yet. "Oh no! We forgot to check on the kids."

"We'll call them when we get back to the room." He said. They walked back to the hotel hand in hand and they went back to their room. Charlotte made a B line to her computer and called Gracie up. She was just getting ready for bed.

"Mommy! I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me." Gracie said sleepily, but happy.

"I'm sorry baby. Daddy and I were having fun and we lost track of time. But I would never ever forget about you. I love you."

"I love you too mommy." She said.

"Hi baby!" Aiden came into the conversation. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Great! " She told him a few things that had happened. "How was your day?" She asked.

"It was the best day ever. Because after I went to work, I got to take mommy out to dinner and we went for a carriage ride in the park and now we get to talk to you."

"I'm glad." She said. "Night guys. I love you." She said and she handed the tablet back to Cecily.

Cecily left the room with the tablet and asked them, "So how are you guys really?"

"Fabulous." Aiden said. "Couldn't be better." He was standing behind Charlotte and put his arms around her. He kissed her neck a little and Cecily could see Charlotte melting. She was thrilled for them.

"I'll let you two go." Cecily said, knowing they'd rather be alone than talk to her. She ended the call. Charlotte turned to face Aiden and he kissed her and slowly took her clothes off. He brought her over to the bed and they made love all night long. "Don't forget to set the alarm Aiden." Charlotte teased.

The next day, Aiden went off to the office and left Charlotte at the hotel. Aiden arranged for a trusted staff member to pick her up at 10 and took her for a guided tour of the city. They had a blast. He didn't want her to miss out on anything because he was in a meeting. He called her later and told her he was coming back around 6 for dinner at 7 and a show at 8:30. She was excited.

Aiden came back and changed out of his work clothes and put on a clean suit and tie. He looked so handsome she thought. She wore a pretty purple dress and they Skyped the kids before they left. They had a wonderful dinner together and he whisked her off to a Broadway show, a dream come true for her. She loved it and he loved pleasing her and doing things for her. He brought her home and they made love all night long again. He couldn't get enough of her.

The next day, Charlotte was tired and she stayed in the room. She had room service deliver lunch to her and they served it on the balcony. She decided to call Cecily to check on her.

"Hi! Thought I'd check in on you without the kids around. How are you?"

"I'm fine. More importantly, how are you and Aiden?"

"You don't miss a thing do you?" Charlotte said.

"Nope." She said. "Fill me in."

'Are you sure?"

"I'm very sure. I'm very vested in your relationship. I want to know."

"Let's just say that we are very, very happy and that your greatest wish has come true."

"Oh Charlotte. I'm so happy for you two." Cecily said and got teary eyed. "You guys deserve to be happy."

"I think so too." She said. "Aiden is amazing and you're right, he loved the red lacy underwear."

Cecily laughed and said "I knew he would." They talked for quite a while catching up.

Aiden called later and told her he was on his way to her and so she changed out of her clothes and waited for him naked in bed.

Aiden came in the room and smiled when he saw her there. "I was thinking of you waiting for me in bed all day long. I couldn't concentrate." He said and he took his clothes off and got into bed with her.

After a few more days in New York, they flew back home. The kids were thrilled to have them both back home. Charlotte spent the next week moving her things into Aiden's room and he was thrilled with that. He was able to spend the week working out of his Florida office which was wonderful.

n"lR