The Last Night

It had been a few days since I started my internship, and I have to admit things were running a lot smoother than I had anticipated. Avi and I were still at each other's throat, the sliver of kindness he had showed practically disappearing into the background. It was nonexistent. Other than that, everything was fine, especially since everyone had pretty much gotten used to it. Mitch, Scott, and Kirstie were more than happy to befriend me which definitely helped with the situation.

It was Thursday and the group had managed to get through two of the songs they wanted on their Christmas album: Oh Come, All Ye Faithful and I'll Be Home For Christmas. Today, we were just planning on figuring out what other songs should be on the album and how they should be arranged. I got up fairly early so I had plenty of time to get ready. The days were starting to get colder and colder, so the first thing I did was go down to my kitchen and fix myself some hot cocoa.

As I stirred the chocolate and milk mixture, waiting for it to heat up, I checked my phone, seeing a text from Mitch, ordering me to do one thing.

Queen: Don't go to Starbucks.

I stared at the message and laughed a bit as I shook my head. "Whatever you say Queen," I say to myself and pour up my drink. Heading back upstairs, I decide to let it cool down a bit and grab a quick shower. when I got out, I checked the time and quickly got dressed, deciding on my maroon off shoulder sweater and black leggings. I can be comfortable if I feel like it. I blow dried my hair and threw it up in a messy ponytail, throwing on only a tad bit of makeup to make myself not look tired. I slipped on my maroon combat boots and glasses before leaning back on my bed, sipping on my drink.

I still had about half an hour before I left so I decided to get on my Instagram and Twitter until I had to go. A little while later, I got up and grabbed my keys before leaving for the studio, actually feeling pretty good for the first time in a while. (XD I was so tempted to put for the first time in forever)

When I arrived, I headed inside, greeting the woman behind the desk as I passed, going straight to the recording studio. For once, I was the last one there, though I was still early. Shrugging to myself, I took my normal seat next to Bailey and glanced around, noticing Mitch staring at my boots.

"I'm not really an UGG type of girl," I told him with a small nod.

"It's different. I like it. I'm definitely gonna have to take you shopping," he said with a smile before perking up, his eyes lighting up as he did. "And before Momma forgets..." he paused, reaching behind him and pulling out a hot Starbucks cup. "For you."

I gladly take the cup, taking a small sip and tasting the familiar hot cocoa. "Thanks Queen," I said and set the cup down as I looked to Bailey with a grin.

"We were just talking about what other songs we wanted on the album. We know we have to have at least ten songs on there and so far, we have two. The problem is, we're at a stalemate and can't choose between everyone's choices," she explained, taking a sip of her own drink.

"I think we should do Up on the Housetop," Scott said with a proud smile, causing me to laugh slight, though, personally, I thought it was a good idea.

"That's too traditional. We should do Coldest Winter. It's different and I love it," Mitch suggested, rolling his eyes a bit. I wondered how someone could pack so much sass inside a tiny body.

"It's obvious we should do Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. N'Sync did a killer version of it," Kevin said as he leaned back in the chair, a wide smile on his face.

"I think Hallelujah would be good on there. I know it's not necessarily a Christmas song, but I think it would add something to the album," Kirstie said as she cuddled up in her blanket, making it obvious she was as cold as I was.