Rock Show (Part 1)

Ivy's POV

I woke up to the sound of music blaring from the tv and immediately stuffed my head underneath the pillow in an attempt to block out the sound, but to no avail. Groaning in frustration, I sat up and roughly ran a hand through my hair to quickly tame the lion's mane I knew was on my head. Squinting a bit until my eyes adjusted to the lights, I frowned, catching sight of someone holding a Starbucks cup in front of my face.

I hesitated before taking it and looked up at Scott to see a grin on his face. "Wake up sleepy head. You have ten minutes to get dressed 'cause we have sound check and everything." I stared blankly at the blonde and reluctantly rolled out of bed, setting the cup on the table.

Without a word, I walked over to my things and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and one of Avi's shirts. Dragging myself into the bathroom, I changed and washed my face, throwing my hair up in a messy ponytail as I took in my appearance. I was clearly tired, but I was excited, too. Everything was so new and I couldn't wait to see how everything went.

Walking out, I sat on the bed and slipped on a pair of socks and sneakers, eyeing the bottle of pills cautiously. I picked it up and read over the warnings and directions before opening it and pouring two in my hand. I closed it and set it back down as I stood up and grabbed a bottle of water. Downing the two pills quickly, I held the water close to me as I grabbed my phone. "Let's go."

"Hold up missy. What were those?"

I closed my eyes at Mitch's question and let out a small sigh. I didn't want to tell him, mainly because I didn't want to deal with his questionnaire, but against my better judgement, I did. "Birth control."

I peeked though my lashes at him to see the dumbfounded look on his face. "When were you planning on telling me you were getting some?"

"Oh my god. I wasn't because it's none of your business."

"I think I have a right to know."

"Would it make you feel better if I told you that before yesterday, I spent a month terrified that I couldn't even have kid so I'm happy to be taking them?"

That seemed to shut him up. I let out a small sigh and shook my head. "If you really want to know, I'll tell you later. I'm just not feeling it right now after you woke me up," I said and placed a hand on his shoulder with a reassuring smile.

He nodded and picked up my cup, handing it to me. "I didn't pay five bucks for this for nothing though," he said with a small laugh.

"Thanks." I grabbed my room key and followed the other four out. "Where's Kirstie?"

"Already in the lobby with Esther," Kevin told me as we entered the elevator. On the way down, I closed my eyes and aimlessly leaned against Avi's chest as I wrapped my arms around him lazily. The deep rumble that came from his chest as he chuckled made me smile as I peeked up at him curiously.

"Carry me?" I asked when the elevator dinged as we reached the first floor. I was a bit surprised when he nodded and knelt down just enough for me to hop on.

"Hold on," he said quietly as he stood back up and began walking, hooking his arms underneath my knees. I wrapped my arms around his neck, though I was careful not to choke him as I rested my head against his upper back and closed my eyes sleepily.

"It's about time. I was starting to wonder if you guys were coming," I heard Esther say and smiled slightly as she started acting like Mama Bear.

"Sorry. Sleepy head over there didn't want to get up," Scott said and even though my eyes were closed, I could feel his blue eyes on me. "Apparently, she still doesn't want to."