Awards, Here I Come!

The next morning Jake gave me a pair of his blue plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt to put on. We watched movie after movie, cuddling on the couch, all day long. We ordered pizza and wings to eat. We even made brownies. It was about 6pm when I decided to drive home. I had to use my navigation system because I had no idea how to get back. I drove with a lot of caution because I did not want to get pulled over and out of the car looking like I did. I was still in Jake's clothes and even though I showered, I didn't get to do my hair, so it was a crazy, curly mess, but at least it was in a pony tail. My luck ran out when I got home and went on Instagram. Some fan tagged me in a picture that a paparazzi must have taken when Jake walked me down to my car. Just lovely. At least the girl's caption wasn't hateful. It was sweet. I grab a snack and head up to bed.

-----------

   Jake's here. I hear him downstairs. He's talking to my parents as I spray my perfume on. I decide to use Someday today. I take one last look in the mirror and it reminds me of when I looked in the mirror before I went out with Jake the first time in LA. I curled my hair and braided a piece so it looks more elegant. I did my makeup a little darker than usual, but still used natural browns and tans. I can't believe I'm going to a real awards show. Like, yeah, I went to the VMA's last year, but I was only outside, by the red carpet. I ran into Austin Mahone. Like physically ran into him. When I turned around to apologize, I realized it was Austin and I asked for a picture with him. I tend to do that a lot. 

"Beff! Jake's here!" my Dad calls up to me. 

"You almost done?" my Mom calls too.

"Yeah! I'm coming down now. One sec." I answer. God, I'm so nervous. I don't want to embarrass him.

   I take a deep breath, grab my silver clutch and head downstairs. Jake is standing at the end of the staircase in his beautiful black tuxedo. Holy shit, he looks good. Too good. I hope I don't embarrass him, oh my god. His tie is a perfect acqua blue match to my dress. Ahh! Jake is smiling at me and he takes my hand as I reach the last step. 

"Oh my god." he gasps. Do I have something in my teeth? Oh my god. "You are stunning, Stephanie. You look gorgeous." He kisses my cheek.

"Wow, you look beautiful, Beff" my Dad adds.

"Aww, Steph. You guys look awesome. Smile!" my Mom snaps a picture of us. It feels like Prom all over again. Except so much better. When I told Nick about the Awards, he totally freaked. He has to meet Jake one day. Sarah too!

"You have a beautiful daughter, Mr. & Mrs. Morales. Thank you for letting her come with me."

   We go outside where Jake's driver opens the door for us. We head to the awards. We get to the red carpet and Jake tells me I'll be okay. We walk down the carpet slowly, stopping occasionally to pose for all the paparazzi and press. There has got to be a hundred or more cameras flashing all at once. This is so crazy, but I'm loving every second of it. I feel famous, but I'm not. Jake is. We sit down in our seats. We're third row from the stage. Jake won for Favorite Actor in a New TV Series and The Fosters won for Favorite New TV Drama. I was beyond happy for Jake and whole cast. They deserve it so much! Jake winked at me when he thanked everyone on stage after accepting his award. My mom soon texted me and was like "You've been on TV so many times! The red carpet, the seats, when Jake was on stage! So cool!! Love ya" and she's right, this is so cool! I still feel like I'm living a dream though. Nothing I can think of tells me that I deserve all this. But, I am not going to complain. I've loved every second.

   I got to meet the cast of The Fosters again after the awards. We headed to an after-party and I got to meet all of Jake's famous friends. I met Ryan Ochoa again and it was a little awkward considering the first time we met, he hit on me. I kind of liked him too back then. I didn't think he'd even remember me, since I was just a fan at the show, but he did. Jake didn't mind too much when I told him. He just kept telling me how I was his now anyway. I met Selena Gomez again and Justin Bieber for the third time. I tried so hard to hold back my tears. I'm huge fans of both of them and I cried last time I met them at Popcon on my 16th birthday. Now this was really crazy. I go to all their shows and here we are having a normal conversation as Jake catches up with his former co-star. There are people taking pictures everywhere and I even took a bunch on my phone. Jake did too so I didn't feel like such a fangirl. I can't believe how many people I met though. Jake really does have an amazing life.