Take 2

I'm at the show with my Mom and Sarah as well as her Mom. The boys reunite with our parents after months of not seeing them. They're always so respectful. I get noticed again and wind up taking pictures just like the boys are doing, except they have a real reason to. 

   We watch the show and Sarah and I dance like crazy as always. Our Mom's enjoyed the show from the back. They still seemed to have fun though. 

----------

   Cameron told me to meet him backstage again after the show, so I did.

"Hey Steph!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me in a dressing room. Whoa.

"Whoa, hey!" I say caught off guard.

"How was tonight? Better?"

"Just as good! I loved it." I smile.

He hugs me, "You're so cute." He kisses me on the cheek. I must have gave him a look of confusion or hesitation because, well I was definitely confused. What's he doing?? "I'm sorry" he apologizes. 

"Cam, I don't get it. What's going on?"

"Ugh, I don't know, Steph."

"Why are you acting different? You never take me backstage like this.." I ask nicely.

"I don't know, we weren't as close as we are now, I guess."

"We were just as close at Revolution four months ago and you didn't give me any special treatment."

"How could I? I came out to talk to you after the show, we talked and when I had to go back in, I told you I'd be right back out, and you left... You didn't even say goodbye. You always do."

"You said you'd be right back, so I waited for half an hour and you still didn't come back, and I had to go, so I left."

"Excuse me for clearing the stage of our equipment."

"Cam, all I'm saying is that you've never given me this much attention even when I really..."

"Really what?"

"Liked you.."

"I tried to show you. I knew it. I tried to show you I liked you too, but I couldn't tell you."

"You have no problem showing me now."

"It's different now."

"How, Cameron?"

"I didn't want to date you. I mean, I did. But, I didn't want you to get sucked into all drama with the fans. You know how they can be. But, then I see you're doing fine with Jake, and it hurts because that could've been me."

"Cam, I wish you would've told me. It's a little too late now..." I say, a little upset.

"I tried, Steph. The house party..."

"Which one?"

"Yours, not Amy's." Wow, he remembered the other one I went to. Maybe he really did like me. Why didn't I see it before?

"Ok, what about mine?"

"When we sang, I sat right across from you. The campfire, I cuddled with you. I told you, you were seductive. Can it get more obvious? We took a picture of me thrusting into you. Our moment in the hallway of your house. When I told you to come outside and look at the moon with me one last time before we had to leave..."

   Wow, he really did remember every little detail that happened. I remembered it all perfectly. It was one of the most awesomest nights I've ever had, before my LA trip, that is.

"Well, didn't you pick up on my hints too? I stayed with you the whole night. My bathing suit comment, my skinny dipping comment, how about when I grabbed your crotch?"

"I thought you only did that because Tyler told you to?"

"He encouraged me after I brought it up. I really liked you, Cam."

"I really still like you."

"I wish I knew earlier."

"I'm sorry, I'm just jealous of Jake, ok?" he hugs me.

"I'm sorry." I confess. I really am.

"I'm just saying. If you ever need me, I'm here. And I hope he treats you well. You deserve the best."

"Thanks, Cam." I kiss him on the cheek. A friendly kiss.

   We say goodbye and I leave with my Mom. I'm still so confused. God, I was crazy for Cameron. I knew him longer than Jake, but Jake is amazing. Cam's awesome too, but no. Jake. Jake. Jake. At least I don't have to see Cam for another month. That kind of saddens me though. I love seeing the boys. But, I don't even know when I'll see Jake again.