T W O

It had only been a matter of time until things were starting to get a little bit strange. Really strange. Even though the unknown humans had agreed to keep the existence of the werewolves and this place a secret, Keiji was definitely not the only one who actually doubted that they would keep it. In his eyes, humans were selfish creatures that did not learn anything from their painful past and the only purpose that they had was to remind the vampires that someone could be powerful without any sort of special ability up to a certain degree. Of course one could argue whether that was really true, considering that they had no other chance but to make contracts with demons to archieve the power that they needed, but Keiji was a stubborn young man and certainly did not care about what anyone else was going to tell him about this. He was taking after his parents on that part, even though the rest of him could not be any different.

And demons were not the friendliest creatures that Keiji had ever encountered either, they way they fed on someone's so-called desires was just disgusting. But the white-haired man thought of the desires that the humans posessed as nothing but greed. In his eyes, humans were without a doubt the worst creatures that the world could have ever received. They left chaos whenever they went. If only they weren't all that smart because that way they could still be saved. It was really saddening to see how a young man like Keiji already had enough of the human kind, but there was really nothing that anyone could do about it.

The prejudices that he held against the humans always played a huge part whenever he decided whether he was going to take someone in or not. He did not think that anyone could ever be classified as worthless because everyone was the same in a sense. Whether they died today or tomorrow, there would not be a huge difference. Maybe him thinking that all humans were selfish creatures was what stopped him from giving more of them the ability to shapeshift as well. Werewolves were powerful enough, but combining this with the intelligence that some humans posessed, it could either be a good or a terrible decision. There was no such thing as inbetween on that matter. It was probably a good thing that a human could only be given the ability to shapeshift if consent from both sides was present. If there was only a tiny bit of doubt on one side, the bite would cause nothing but temporary harm.

Keiji was definitely hesitant about letting these strangers stay in his city for a short amount of time, but if it was for them to rest to gain power to destroy the enemy that they had in common, then so be it. Without a doubt, Keiji hated humans, but vampires were even worse. Yet, this surprised no one at all because it was somewhat meant to be that way. Shapeshifters who even dared to keep up healthy relations with vampires were considered to be blood-traitors and that was an absolutely unforgivable sin and could lead to punishment, or even worse, death. So yeah, messing with Keiji was definitely one of the worst things that anyone could ever do.

Still, the Shimizu twins did it without a single care in the world, so there were some exceptions. But they were rare and should not be taken advantage of.

Another person that the owner of this place just could not hate at all was (F/n), not that she had ever given him a reason to do so though. Ever since he had first laid his eyes on her, he had felt a weird kind of craving deep inside of him, something that he just could not put into words, even if he really wanted to. Whatever she did, whatever she said, he found himself in some sort of trance that barely anything could snap him out of, except for maybe one of the pranks coming from Ichirou and Jirou. It was ridiculous, but to make things even worse, Keiji knew very well that (F/n) was not meant to be his mate at all. Hell, did this girl even have one? Sadly, the white-haired man knew that this would never make a difference because he had already been arranged to marry someone else when it was time.

Riko Oshiro was a beautiful young girl and with her fiery red hair and those magnificent blue eyes, Keiji sometimes really asked himself why he was not in love with her at all. But every time she was around and hugged him, or displayed any sort of physical contact in general, he didn't like it at all. He felt guilty, but he couldn't help it. Needless to say that he was without a doubt relieved when she had told him that she didn't love him, but someone else that she did not want to put into unnecessary danger in case her father would find out about it. So in front of Riko's father, the two of them were a lovey-dovey couple that always stuck together. And as soon as the man left the room, that façade dropped and they found themselves thinking of the one they wanted to be with. It was ridiculous, really, but neither one of them wanted to know what would happen if anyone ever saw what they truly felt apart from themselves. That would be dangerous.