T H R E E

Silence was all that the humans in the room could hear, apart from perhaps the footsteps from the people roaming the halls close to the white-haired male's 'office', even though it could hardly be called that. There was no place for him to be possibly work since books were stored on the desk, possibly because the shelves were already full and he had not been capable of finding a good spot to put them yet. Apart from that, the room had plain white walls with a couple of pictures of various people. However, only one of them caught the red-haired woman's eye and she stepped closer. And really, what was there to work?

It seemed as though those people in the picture were the twins that they had met earlier and that were now standing at each side of Keiji as some kind of bodyguards, along with the girl that had introduced herself as (F/n) (L/n), standing next to each other. The most obvious thing about the picture was the, what Mito assumed to be an amusement park, in the background which clearly hinted that the picture was taken some time before the apocalypse. 'August 13, 2011' was written underneath the picture, a neat handwriting indeed. And then, in tiny letters, 'Ichirou, (F/n) and Jirou.'

So that meant that they actually really had been living 'above' the earth at some point. Just what exactly made them move though? Was it because of the vampires, to hide? That seemed like nonsense because it seemed as though they would be able to defend themselves. Besides, they had been born as shapeshifters, so it was safe to assume that they had been training for a very long time, right?

Ichirou and Jirou were probably never going to forget the looks on the human's faces when they had seen them transforming into werewolves without a second thought, shock mixed with a slight hint of fear of the unknown seemed rather thrilling to them. Only when it was about other people though, the twins really preferred knowing what was awaiting them. Once again, they had to admit that it awfully idiotic of a couple of lousy humans to just climb down a ladder without knowing where it could possibly lead to. One may say that curiosity killed the cat, but humans mostly weren't too far away from that either.

Previously, Riko had been sent off to find (F/n) and that human, Shinya, that she had left the area with so that it wouldn't get too full in the room. The other humans, except for their leader, a tall and definitely intimidating-looking man with black hair and purple eyes who went by the name of Guren Ichinose, he had stayed because he had wanted to talk to Keiji. But the conversation had actually been shorter than he had expected it to be because for whatever reason, Keiji had already known what they would be talking about. Or well, more what the human wanted from him. And now that the conversation seemed to be over, everyone else had to be informed about the content. So far everyone had gotten back except for (F/n) and Shinya, but that was going to change soon.

Approaching footsteps were heard, mixed with laughter. Keiji could identify the female laughter as (F/n)'s and he found the corners of his mouth twitching up a little bit before he then composed himself and forced himself to get back to the blank look on his face that he had been wearing before. The only one to notice this was Manabu, but he tended to be as emotional as a spoon most of the time so he had merely smirked for a second which didn't go unnoticed by the leader. Sometimes Keiji really wished that Manabu wasn't gifted with reading people's emotions, even though it could clearly have its advantages in some cases.

The door opened and it revealed (F/n) coming in first with a small smile plastered across her face, followed by Shinya who looked almost exactly the same. The last person to enter the room again was Riko who closed the door behind her and stood still in front of the door with her arms crossed, possibly to prevent anyone from escaping. (F/n) shuffled awkwardly under the strangers' stares and took her usual position next to Ichirou. If Keiji hadn't been there, then she would have been standing in his spot instead because she usually had one of the twins on one of her sides.