Space

Sasuke's POV

"Sasuke..." I looked to my left as someone called my name. "Sasuke..." I looked to my right. "Sasuke..." When I looked in front of me, I gasped when I saw Miu, but she wasn't herself. She changed.

Dark animals and skulls surrounded her as she stared at me as if she was dead, or she was dying.

"Sasuke..." She slowly reached her hand out to me, making me take a small step back. "Sasuke... How could you? Why didn't you save me? You said you were going to protect me." Miu said. "I... I don't know... How did this happen to you?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. You broke your promise." She said. Miu began to giggle until she started to laugh. "Itachi would've protected me. He would've kept his promises. You're nothing like Itachi! You'll never beat him! You're weak! A coward! He'll kill you just like he did to your parents!"

"No! Shut up!" I yelled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I gasped as I sat up from bed, beads of sweat running down the sides of my head. I panted slightly before looking at Miu. I sighed as I placed a hand over my head. "It was only a dream." I mumbled to myself.

I lied back in bed, wrapping my arm around Miu's waist. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise, I'll protect you." I whispered as I kissed her cheek. Miu moved slightly in her sleep before relaxing. I closed my eyes and stayed by Miu's side, going back to sleep.

(Time skip) Miu's POV

For some reason, Sasuke's been acting strange. Well, about a week ago, he's been possessive and a little bit too overprotective. And ever since he, Sakura, and Naruto went on that mission to the Land of Tea, he's been in a very bad mood.

I couldn't go because Lady Tsunade assigned me a different mission. "You're nearly at an ANBU rank, Miu. Have you always been this skilled?" She asked me. Yes, I was in her office after completing another mission she assigned me.

"No, I haven't. There's nothing really special about me." I said. "That's not what these records say. The Third Hokage must've thought the world of you." She said. I looked down sadly. "The Third Hokage... was the second person who had shown me kindness. Naruto did, too. And then, there was him." I said, referring to Sasori.

"Then, who was the first person who was kind to you?" Tsunade asked. I blinked my eyes emotionlessly as I continued to gaze at the floor. "Orochimaru." I answered. She and Shizune gasped. 

"Orochimaru was the first person who was kind to me. He'd listen to everything I told him, regarding my abuse. I never thought I'd find someone like him." I explained. "Has he taught you anything?" Tsunade asked.

"Yes."

"Would you mind demonstrating?"

I gave a nod and took a step back. "Ninja Art: Shadow Snakes." Snakes slowly slithered out of my sleeves, crawling towards Tsunade. I made them disappear before I did anything I regret. "Miu, how long have you known Orochimaru?" Tsunade asked.