Minilan: he's gone

Type: fluff
Ship:minilan
Words:554

Simon P.O.V.

I am woken up by soft sobs. I open my eyes and I look at the vintage alarm clock on my night stand. It's three in the morning.

I hear another soft sob. I roll over and I see Laclans back facing me.

I see him on his phone. He is texting someone but I can't see who. He sobs again. Is he alright?

"L-Lachlan? Are you ok?" I ask him still sounding a little groggy from waking up.

He slowly turns around and looks at me. I can't see him. I lean over to my side of the bed and turn the table light on.

Lachlan has red eyes and he has tears streaming down his face.

"Lachlan what's wrong?" I ask him sounding more awake now that I can see he is upset.

He sits up against the bed frame. I do the same

"Lachlan what's wrong? I ask again. He says nothing and sobs again as more tears fall from his eyes.

I wrap my arm around his back to comfort him and I rub his shoulder.

He leans into mine. His cheeks are wet and that soaks my shirt with his tears.

"Lachlan you know you can tell me anything" I say

"I know" he says in between sobs.

"So what is it?" I ask him. "Take your time. I'm ready when you are"

He takes a minute then he blurts out "I want my brother!" I'm taken by suprise about this.

"Well that's not a problem I can take you to his place if you want" I say to him. He keeps crying.

"No you don't understand" he says. "He's gone!" He shouts that last part. "Mitch is gone!" He shouts and has a huge breakdown.

I rub his shoulder "shhh Lachlan it's ok. Tell me what happened?"

He keeps sobbing more then he finally calms down enough to talk.

"Well at one in the morning I got a text from my mum saying Mitch went into hospital" he says. "He had a heart attack" he says. And he wraps his arms around me and holds onto me tightly.

My shirt gets even more soaked in his tears. "Then at two thirty. I got a message from the hospital. He's dead" he says and breaks down even more.

I rub the back of his head. "Shh Lachlan. It's ok I'm here for you. Everything will turn out ok.

"No it won't! He's gone!" The heavy sobs continue.

"Hey it's ok. If you don't even want to go to the funeral you don't have to if you are hurting from his loss. We can just stay here in bed and watch your favorite movies. How does that sound?"

He takes his head off my shoulder and looks at me.

"Would we cuddle?" He asks. I smile. Of coarse we would.

He calms down and smiles at me.

"Sorry about your shirt by the way" he says.

I laugh. "It's fine" I say as I take it off.

"I love you Simon" he says to me.

I smile and kiss his forehead.

"I love you to Lachlan"

I turn off my light and we both snuggle into bed together.

I hold him close to me until he falls asleep.

Then I drift off as well. Holding Lachlan like a teddy bear.