"See, that's the thing, you ain't my master"

I sighed as I stretched. My bed was comfortable, and soft, like feathers.

I lay there, wishing for a sunset. After all, in a gigantic cave, that ain't gonna happen, right?

"Morning." Thanatos said, making me bolt upright. 

"What, in the name of everything holy, are you doing here?" I yelled.

"I thought that would be obvious. Watching you sleep," he said, like that wasn't creepy at all.

I fake-laughed, before faltering. He was so handsome...

I shook my head, bewildered. Where had this flood of emotion come from?

~~~~~~~~~~

"What did you do?" Hades asked Thanatos, arms crossed over his chest. "Aphrodite says she loves you, and that isn't how this fairytale was meant to go. She was supposed to love me, with your spell."

"See, that's the thing, you ain't my master. So fuck you." His off-hand manner suprised Hades; Thanatos was supposed bow down to Hades.

"Day in and day out," He continued, "I have to serve you. For thousands of years, that was  my job. I'm sick of it."

He leaned in close, eyes glittering like coal. "It is my turn for revenge, for Nemesis, Goddess of Vengence and Justice, supports me."

"Or maybe she wants to spy for me," Hades replied softly. "But spell or no, I will have her."

~~~~~~~

I turned to see Aphrodite hovering in my open doorway. She wasn't actually hovering, but in the figure of speech kinda way.

"Why am I here?" I asked her. "Why am I here?I left behind my family, and ate food, and now I can't leave."

"Actually, you can."

I sat upright. "Really?" I said excitedly. "I can?" I got up and started pacing, to burn off energy. "Yes! Tell me how."

 Aphrodite looked at me with sad eyes. "I can't tell you. I can't write it down, because my family won't allow it. You're our prisoner, you see."

"Prisoner?" I spluttered. "Oh, sure."

"You were kidnapped, and you can never leave. You are destined to love Hades."

"But now Thanatos." I said dully. "But, anyway, why the hell are you telling me this?"

"Because I care," Aphrodite replied. "And I'm sorry. And I will be for the rest of my life."

The Goddess of Love, with much regret, touched the center of my forehead.

~~~~~~~

A/N

YES, I am well aware that this doesn't really help matters, nor does it actually make sense. It's more of a filler chapter.