Chapter 3: I'm The Map!

I don't look back at the Sehun guy even if he was yelling after me. I'm feeling too conscious to be near someone like him. Like him meaning: beautiful, rich, and most importantly, beautiful.

When I was finally a good few meters away, I let my eyes wander my new school's marbled tiles. Back in Japan, they were cement. Cracked cement floors to which us students will have to mop on every after dismissal. I doubt they let students touch a speck of dust in this place. This little detail just reminded me on how much my life will change.

Where's the library, again? Is it even possible to find that place when I'm somewhere that is literally larger than Mexico? Might as well ask for directions.

I carefully approach a group of people. I chew on my bottom lip in anxiousness as I see the well-mannered students chat to themselves. Before I was a foot away from them, I halt on my tracks when I hear them speak.

"Oh, my mother has been well."

"I am very glad to hear that."

Jesus.

I'll have to ask my dad if I could take etiquette lessons. Surely, my urban vocabulary will not register into their polished brains.

"Um, excuse me?" I stammer behind them. "Do any of you know where the library is?" They give me a cursory glance before walking away with a smile. My shoulders slump. They just ignored me! While smiling! I attempt to ask other people but to no avail. Specifically, I have asked four groups of people only to be responded by either a flick of the wrist or getting sashayed at.

After getting disregarded for the nth time, I decide to just look for it myself. Before taking my first step towards independency, someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey, if you're directionally challenged, that makes two of us." I speak ahead in case he was also needing of directions.

I bite my tongue when my eyes lands on the person's face. It was Sehun. Seriously, this school bleeds Greek gods. He smiles kindly. "I'm proud to say that I am directionally stable." He chuckles. "Actually, I've overheard you asking directions towards the library, is that correct?" He inquired with a raise of his eyebrow.

My mouth hangs open, forgetting to answer. Now that I'm having a good look at his face, it really does make you speechless. I thought that type of thing didn't exist.

"Oh, I apologize I didn't mean to be so intrusive. Please forgive me." He slightly frowns.

I quickly shake my head as I deny his words while swinging my hands 'no'. "No! It's fine!" I squeak. Way to respond to his words, girl! Loving it.

"I am glad you're not angry."

I awkwardly give a laugh. "Fuck me." I whisper, annoyed at my awkward demeanor.

"Pardon?" I can see a tinge of pink on his cheeks.

"Shit!" I cry. "Damn! I'm so sorry!" I bow deeply.

"Oh! Please don't!" He helps me straighten up. "I didn't mean to make you so uncomfortable." He says quickly.

"No, please forgive my potty mouth." I deadpan, feeling all hope for a good first impression fly out the window.

He smiles. "It's okay. I find it interesting. You never hear plenty of that around here." He eyes the other students. I nod awkwardly, not knowing how to reply to that.

"Regardless!" He exclaims- possibly noticing my rigidness. "Directions?" He asks, the smile permanently plastered on his face.

I nod profusely.

"Come." He beckons, tucking a book under his arm. "May I accompany you?" He asks politely.

"You don't have to. You can just tell me where and I'll find my way." I mumble. "I don't want to cause you any trouble." I add in a mere whisper as I twiddle with my thumbs.

"Rubbish!" He exclaims. "I'll be more than delighted to be able to help our new member of the family!" He cheers.

Family?

"Come!"

•••

"...and I believe you'll be able find the Autobiographical Section by the twelfth aisle."

Jesus, help.

"Min-Seo?"

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." I whisper since we were inside the library.

"You weren't listening, were you?" He slightly chuckles.

I look down in embarrassment. "Sorry." I mutter, slightly flushed.

"Weren't there libraries from where you're from?" He innocently asks.

"Of course there is."

"Then why do you seem so surprised?"

"A library not the library." I mutter.

From my old school, our library is just a one floored room, enough for one class to fit in. This library however.. Is bigger than the Taj Mahal.

"Your words are confusing me." His forehead creases in a -strangely- cute manner.

"Nevermind. Thank you for coming with me." I bow curtly.

He gives me a smile. "Anytime." He ruffles my hair before walking away.

After he was out of sight, I attempt to fix my now messed up hair. My hand lands on something that's stuck on to my hair. I grab it and turns out it was a sticky note.

I will be your map.

Below the beautifully written note is his number. I blush from his hospitality.

*****************************************
a/n: short chapter again :<