Kili the Dwarf - Chapter one

I was on my morning hunting run, I spotted a deer. Still on my pony, I drew up my bow, took a deep breath and released the arrow. It flew through the air and the deer hit the ground. Then, I spotted motion in the woods. I think my pony would make too much noise, so I tie it up and dart for the woods. I hide in a bushel of trees and watch. I see a wizard leading 13 dwarves and a halfling, who looked uncomfortable riding a pony. Then I see one of the dwarves, he has no beard but he is very attractive. Suddenly, he looks over and spots me.

"Spy!" -He yells while pointing directly at me.

My instinct is to draw up my bow. The last thing I want is to be killed by my own kind.

"I am not a spy. I live right over there, by myself. You must be hungry? I just shot a deer and would like to offer you some." -I say quickly knowing you can persuade a dwarf with food every time.

They hop off their ponies and start a fire right where we were. The halfling exclaims, "Finally! I didn't know how much longer I could ride that pony."

I looked at the wizard, I hadn't paid much attention to before.

"Gandalf?" -I looked questionably.

"Ah Shyla, my dear! You haven't grown so big I couldn't recognize you. This, Thorin and company, is Shyla, a dwarf I have known since she was a little thing."

I hugged him, "Why are you with these dwarves? Where are you going?"

"These dwarves are traveling back to Erebor to reclaim your homeland. This is Thorin Oakenshield-"

"I'm so sorry I did not recognize you." -I said while I put my head down with a bow.

The attractive dwarf had walked up and stood behind Thorin and was listening. I walked over to get the deer for the fire when Thorin looked to him and said, "Kili go help the girl."

I thought to myself so his name is Kili, I like that.

Kili did not say anything, he just picked up the deer and walked to the fire. A dwarf that had a funny hat and another dwarf with an axe stuck in his head cooked the deer. While they were cooking Gandalf pointed to each dwarf, "Thorin, Kili, Fili, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Oin, Gloin, Ori, Dori, Nori, Dwalin, and Balin."

I thought Fili and Kili must be brothers. I went and got water from the stream and brought it to them.

Fili kissed my hand, said "Thank you Miss Shyla", and winked. He was very charming. Kili just looked me in the eyes and said thank you, then quickly looked down like he was embarrassed.

"We will rest here for the night." -said Thorin from the other side of the fire as me.

"I live through the woods right there, if you need anything, I'll be there. Nice to meet you all. -I said and then looked at Kili, he was staring at me while I was talking. The other dwarves continues to eat and Kili looked down again.